Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Friends for life...

Things were quiet around the house.
But it was about 4:30 this afternoon, and things are NEVER quiet at that time of day!!!
There is always fighting or crying or yelling....
So I went looking for what was going on....
And I saw this....
Maybe to the naked eye this isn't that big of a deal...
But for these two to be hanging out and sitting so closely, not fighting...
Oh what great thing for me to see.
It made me happy...
But I did get in trouble after I took this picture, because apparently they are working on some kind of Mother's Day thing that I wasn't supposed to see.
Sorry girls, but thanks for being nice to each other!!!
*************************
This also happened....
Except this wasn't the only shot I took...there were a few with Porter trying to steal Elsie's glasses, some with Elsie yelling at Porter....lots of funny ones.
I was taking the picture because it was funny to me that while they were sitting with theirs back to the wall, their heads were at almost the same height...but Elsie's legs reached much, much farther then Porters.
I didn't get a good picture to capture that...but I am glad that I got this one.
*****************************
Elsie learned a new thing today...
She finally figured out how to turn the door knob.
I can't even tell you how excited she was.
I know, maybe not a big deal to many others....but if you think about the motor control it takes to do that, you would be proud.
Things like that are so easy for us to do, but takes real effort and practice for Elsie...
Great work Elsie!
You always try and try and try until you get it right!
You are my hero because of that!!!
************************************
*I am thankful that we got some good cleaning done today. We have a couple boxes, SO FAR, to donate to D.I. Hopefully we can get more done tomorrow.
*I am Thankful that some people are interested in my Wellness Challenge...but come on people...I want more!!! I am working on a blogspot for it right now...hopefully I can get it up soon!
*I am Thankful that I got to bed early last night...and I am hoping that happens tonight too!

11 comments:

Kailee said...

I love when the kids get along and do things together! Great Job Elsie! That is awesome!

Kailee said...

Whoops this is Jodi not Kailee! :)

Nancy said...

I have been meaning to talk to you about your fitness challenge. I looked for it on the internet and couldn't really find anything. So I would love to know more about what you have done and what you are planning in the future

Books = Possibilities said...

Elsie is my hero!

It always warms my heart when Aarynn and Lily get along so nicely. But then they tend on getting ultra goofy...

Bald n Beautiful said...

of course I am interested in your challenge. I am just a little overwhelmed by your perfection. We already know ahead of time that you won't mess up, while I probably will.

The Holdaway Family said...

I love it when my kids get along unprompted too, makes me feel like I am doing something right!

Yeah, Elsie! Keep up those milestones!

Brittany said...

Good Job Elsie! I get a little choked up every time you post progress she is making! I am a big baby sometimes! I just think it's awesome, awesome!

I'm interested in the wellness challenge as well, I've been working out tons since the beginning of the year, but I really need to focus on eating more healthy...so I'm in!

Young family said...

way to go Elsie! I love when kids stick out their tongue when they concentrate to do new things! So cute!
And how sweet for Madi and Cassi to work together on a Mother's Day gift for you!

Young family said...

Oh, I guess I am in for the wellness challenge too.... ( I think I can, I think I can.... )

Jodi Gallagher said...

I guess I'm in too! Talk about pressure....wink wink. I need to get my butt in gear, so this is perfect!!!

Amy said...

LOVE the pictures of Elsie with the doorknob... so cute! She's a champ!!!

I've been away from the blogging world this week, but I want more info on your wellness challenge... sounds fun!!!