Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Diligence....

Cassi was chosen by her teacher for this months character trait.
Diligence.
She was so excited.
We learned that she received this honor at the beginning of the month.
So it has been a long wait to get to this day.
Remember when Madi was chosen?
Well, I rearranged and made her room look nice...something we had been meaning to do.
The first thing Cassi asked when she found out she got the character trait was...
"What are you gonna do for me???"
Well, I thought and thought.
I have big plans for her room...but all the things are gonna take time...
But I knew I wanted to put the window that used to be in our kitchen, in her room.
She loves writing with the dry erase markers.
So today while Cassi was at school, Brent and I put it up for her.
She came home and asked what I did for her...
I, of course, pretended I had no idea what she was talking about.
I told her to go into her room and think of something she wanted me to do in there for her.
She went up, and then came right back down with a beaming smile!
She was so excited, and it was exactly what she wanted!
**********************************
Madi and Cassi are VASTLY different children.
Madi is always worried she will do the wrong thing, and always waits for some kind of instruction.
We got to the school, and Cassi ran right up to the stage...no one was there yet...so who knows if she sat in the right spot.
But she didn't care.
Madi definitely takes after me.
I kept thinking..."What if Cassi is in the wrong spot and then stands up at the wrong time and then they don't read her name and she has to sit back down...and then she will be embarrassed!"
But she was just fine.

Good work Cassi.
Thanks for always trying to 'stay on task'!
You are such a great kid...
And pretty dang cute, too!
*************************************
*I am Thankful for Brent...while I took a nap this morning, he folded all the kids laundry. How great is that??? Thanks baby!
*I am Thankful that I got that nap!
*I am Thankful that I am so set on getting a perfect score in my wellness challenge... if not for it, I would have really gone off the deep end today! I need summertime!
***********************************************
My Wellness challenge ends the end of this month.
I HAVE to have something to keep me going!
So I am going to start one up for myself, and any others who want to join in...
You can live here or anywhere...it doesn't matter!
I haven't worked the kinks out yet...but just wanted to get the word out there and see if there is any interest?
I hope so...it has been so great for my entire well-being!
So I hope you will join me!
And tell your friends!
************************************************

5 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

Congratulations Cassi! I'm proud of you!

That first picture of Cassi makes me think of a Precious Moments picture with those big beautiful eyes of hers!

MegJill said...

Very interested in your challenge!!! If I can find me some motivation somewhere...

The Holdaway Family said...

Yeah Cass! She is such a wonderful girl!

I am interested in your wellness challenge! But I need to get this baby out of my belly first...maybe I can do a partial challenge...

McCoy Family said...

You're family is so adorable. We dont have the internet at our house so now that I'm visiting my family up north I get to peek at everyone's blogs. All your kids are getting so big. I'm so glad I was able to see whats going on with you guys. Hope to see you soon.

Sara said...

I want in on the wellness challenge!

Cassi is adorable! I love her fearless attitude!