Thursday, April 08, 2010

Bad smells!

There has been a weird smell around the house for the last couple days.
We could not pinpoint where it was coming from.
Until yesterday when I smelled the carpet.
YUCK!
For the first few weeks after surgery, Brent used an ice machine.
It is a cooler type thing that has a hose attached and runs to a pad that is attached to his shoulder, so he gets continuous freezing water.
Well, Porter LOVED this ice machine.
We tried to keep it tied up, but you have to refill it every day and night...
Well, Porter got to it before we got it tied up.
And he dumped it over.
I thought I mopped it up really good.
But guess what...our new carpet is REALLY THICK!
So I guess I didn't get enough water out...and it was starting to cause problems.
Stinky problems.
So Brent had to pull the NEW carpet up...with Drew's help...two guys with one bum arm each makes one full man right?
We shampooed it...
Now there is a fan on the plywood, a fan on the padding, and a fan on the carpet.
What a bummer.
But I think it is gonna be fine.
I hope so anyway!
*********************************
I took Madi and Elsie to get their eyes checked today.
Madi has been getting headaches from reading...
Well, her eyes are having a hard time 'converging'.
So they sold us a computer game for her to use for 7 minutes everyday to help strengthen those muscles to make her eyes 'converge' like they should when she reads.
The dang game costs $80.
And it looks like it was made in the 80's.
Oh well...it is what she needed...hopefully it helps out.
Elsie got a new prescription...so I need to get her new glasses.
But she has to wear an eye patch for 2 hours every day.
We were doing the eye drops...but now doc wants us to do the eye patch!
We will see how that goes!
**************************************
*I am truly Thankful to have the Young family in our lives! They really are our family away from home! Thanks guys for having us over for pizza tonight!
*I am Thankful that we are finally gonna go visit our families....it has been so long! Since Christmas time, I think.
*I am Thankful that my hubby can fix anything. We have three potable DVD's that have quit working...Well, tonight he merged the three to give us one working machine! How cool is that??? And seriously...does anyone else have as bad of luck with portable DVD players as we do???

2 comments:

Malisa said...

YUCKY for Madi-- My madi had to do the whole vision therapy for the same thing. It is no fun! If you have the same CD we did. It helps alot. Be thankful thats all you paid. Our therapy with that dumb CD was so much it makes me want to cry. It works wonders though. Good luck!!

Jodi Gallagher said...

I hate the smell of carpet that has gotten wet! Hope it clears all up. I hope Madi's eyes get better fast. Glad you get to go visit family!