Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Our day...

It wasn't a real happening day...
It was pretty busy...
Brent and I took Porter to Elsie's school for H1N1 shots.
The big girls had their mist done at school today also...but with Elsie getting the shot...I thought we should be there!
We stuck around a little bit to talk with Elsie's occupational Therapist, who just absolutely loves Elsie Rose!
She gave us some idea to work on some stuff at home and she was very excited to show us some of the fun things she has been doing with her.
We got home and I left again to help in Cassi's class.
After Cassi and Elsie got home, we had lunch and then went to the book mobile.
We love that thing!
Then we went to Elsie's Pre-op appointment with Dr. Ally.
(Who also LOVES Elsie Rose!)
On Monday Elsie is going to the hospital to have some cavities filled.
We came back and Brent got my white shelf out of the office, because I wanted it in the kitchen.
This shelf was one I dug out of My Grandmas barns out back...she thought I was crazy for wanting it...it still had oil rings from Grandpas stuff...
We painted it and put backing on it and it has been in the office ever since...but I am ready for it to be in the kitchen.
I am not sure what I am gonna put on it yet...I have a few ideas...but I want to put lots of color.
We will see.
It still needs some touching up.
I was a pain and wanted the shelf here instead of over to the left...and it JUST barely fit here...
Brent had to rewire the double light socket...one is on the outside of the shelf the other on the inside.
Isn't he great to put up with my craziness????
I will update when I get stuff on it.
*******************************************
*I am Thankful for all the wonderful people in Elsie's life. We are so blessed to have these people who not only help make her life better...but they adore her!
*I am Thankful for a hubby who thinks I am crazy but doesn't always tell me that I am....He does call me a 'Form over Function' kind of girl.
*I am Thankful that Brent shoulder is feeling better...hopefully he has a good night. We go tomorrow to the Orthopedist to find out the real damage!

5 comments:

jessica Smith-fisher said...

Elsie
Has always had great attitude and is fun to work with.And an amazing family, who support her so much. I sure miss her!
Jessica

Bald n Beautiful said...

i think the shelf looks great there. I can't wait to see what you find to put in it. Scott deals with a lot of my craziness but I don't think he would EVER rewire an outlet! Hope Brent is Ok and we love Elsie too.
PS I wish you were here. I promised Kelli I would redo her room for a Surprise birthday gift. I haven't even started and I only have 2 1/2 weeks!

The Holdaway Family said...

How can anyone not just fall in love with our sweet Elsie! She is such a sweet girl and we are blessed to have her touch our lives!

I hope that Brent's shoulder is okay and that he doesn't need surgery too!

Erin said...

that shelf is AWESOME! i love it & want one just like it :) so nice that you have such a handy husband. don't tell guy, but i'm pretty sure he wouldn't be able to rewire a light socket.

MegJill said...

Taking it from the barn and cleaning it up was a good choice. It is adorable! All my grandparents had in the barn was a thousand empty milk jugs, just in case they ever needed them for something I guess.