Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The 10 minute RE-recycle...

We had this old window with a cork-board in the middle in our kitchen ever since we moved into this house.
But now I am changing things in the kitchen...and it doesn't fit the need there anymore.
But you know me...can't get rid of anything...
*
Madi doesn't like having a pink room.
But I don't want to paint it...cause everything in her room goes off the pink...
I have a few yards of fabric I have bought for the quilt I plan to make for her thins year...and it has greens in it too.
So I thought that we could re-purpose the cork board for her room, while bringing some green in with the pink.
She picked out some of the fabric that I have stashed for her quilt...and we covered the cork and WAL-LA...
I think it turned out good.
And she is excited to get it on her wall.
She wants it above her desk.
I have a ton of white frames for her wall to make a collage wall...and we have randomly put them up just for safe keeping...
I need to pull them all down and put them up in a nice way.
But first we need to finish the kitchen!!!

**************************************************

I went with Brent to the shoulder doctor today...he still needs to get some MRI's and stuff next week, but it doesn't look good. The PA is pretty sure he needs surgery again. Big bummer!

***************************************************

* I am Thankful that Jenni let Cassi play at Ayden's for the entire afternoon...It gave me some time to just work with Madi making the cork board...and Cassi came home very exhausted, and that is a good thing.

* I am Thankful that we have started reading scriptures as a family in the morning. Sometimes it is hectic (like this morning) but I know it gives a better start to our days.

* I am Thankful for the nap I had today. I must be allergic to something I am eating...the last couple days I have had the worst stomach and back ache. I need to figure it out. But Brent made me go lay down and I felt so much better!

5 comments:

MegJill said...

That is SO cute! Can I come live in her pink room with the cute window?! I love the color of the green as well as the fabrics.
My 4 year old daughter tells me every night she won't like her room until it is pink. Too bad we can't magically trade painted rooms! Then both our girls would be happy. :)
Bananas and eggs often give me stomach aches. Sometimes all I can do is roll on the floor or fall asleep to feel better. This is going to sound weird, but try heating up some good sized rocks and sitting them on your stomach. The weight and heat of them always helps me. Maybe it will work for you?

MegJill said...

P. S. What color of pink is that? It looks nice!

Rachel said...

That turned out so cute!

DTanner said...

Very cute. You should frame all of her lovely art work and hand it on her walls.

Jodi Gallagher said...

Love it! So stinkin cute! I can't wait till my stuff is moved and unpacked so I can start crafting again!