Monday, March 15, 2010

Our brave little girl!

I just love this little girl.
She was a little champ today!
So it was an early morning...our bodies aren't used to Day light Savings time yet!
We got up, got the big girls ready for school, dropped them off at Jenni's so she could get them on the bus, then drove Porter over to Heather's where he was immediately swarmed with girls!
I love it!
Then we were off to the hospital.
We got there in good time.
Elsie was very happy, despite me turning down her requests for milk, cereal, and Popsicles.
When we finally got to the point where they took us back to get her changed and ready, she was still very happy, and handing out smiles to everyone!
She took her Emmy blanket with her and Cassi let Elsie take her little stuffed horse with her, because Elsie's big Strip is just too big.
They gave her some medicine to make her a little sleepy, and it also kinda makes her forget what went on...
She got kinda goofy, then she became dead weight.
They they told me to lay her down and they rolled her away.
She whimpered a second...but she was just fine as they rolled her down the hallway.
She was better than I was.
It took about an hour.
They ended up having to do two pulpectomys...which I guess is like a root canal on baby teeth.
They did x-rays and sealants on her teeth and then they were done.
It was torture waiting for them to get us after they said she was done.
I just wanted to be there to hold her.

Elsie showing off her outfit...I thought the big girls would get a kick out of it.

They FINALLY came and got us.
When we got in her room she had fallen back to sleep.
She kinda woke up when we got in there, and she whimpered a little and wanted me to hold her...
So I grabbed her up and sat in the rocking chair and held her until they told us we could take her home.
It wasn't too long until they came and unhooked her from everything.
She was a good sport, but you could tell she was sick of these dang hospital people!
We got home and she was still very sleepy.
She didn't eat anything until about 3:30 or so.
She had a piece of bread and I have never seen food be devoured as fast as she ate that piece.
By 6:00 she was back to herself.
Feeling good and showing off her new silver teeth.
I know I say it all the time...but this little girl is such a bright spot in our lives.
I am so Thankful that she is in our family and we get to experience her world with her.
She is so positive and loving, and always has a smile on her face.
I am so Thankful that everything went so well today...and I hope we don't have to do this anesthesia thing any time soon!
***********************************
Also...
While we were at the hospital, Brent kept calling to check our messages to see if his MRI was being scheduled.
We got a message form the school saying that Madi was in the nurses office throwing up.
So Brent gave Jenni a call and she saved the day by going to pick her up.
She had no fever...and I guess she told the nurse that I had been sick with the stomach flu last week, so the nurse told Jenni to tell me not to send the kids to school if we have been sick.
First of all...how dumb.
We can't keep the kids home anytime one of the other members is sick...they would miss WAY too much school.
Am I wrong?
Oh well.
So I called the nurse and cleared up the stomach flu thing and explained that I was sick because I learned that I had a bad reaction to bananas.
I also explained to her that Madi has been getting headaches, and we think they might be developing into migraines...which would explain the throwing up.
She needs to get her eyes checked, she has an appointment coming up, and I wonder if that is why she is getting headaches.
Anyway, so she was cleared to come back to school if I see fit.
Poor girl.
Migraines are terrible...I would think they would be even worse for a kid!
***************************
*I am so Thankful to Jenni for taking the time to go pick up Madi Bell from school! And for picking up Cassi from the bus, and feeding them and keeping them until we finally got home.
*I am Thankful to Heather for taking my little boy for the majority of the day! It is so great to know that we have such wonderful friends who are there for us whenever we are in need...and even when we are not in need!
*I am Thankful in every way for our little Angel Elsie. She makes every ones life better.

3 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

I'm so glad that Elsie did so well. She does indeed make everyone's lives better! And she is adorable in that little hospital gown!

Erin said...

so glad that all went well with elsie! so great to have such wonderful friends when you are so far from family. :)

Young family said...

I am so glad that she did so well. She is such a sweet angel.. We are so glad to be a part of her life too. It was so fun having Porter! He didn't want anything to do with Drew, So I got a lot of 'little' boy time, which was fun...
I hope Madi is better today...