Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Charitable Madi Bell.

This morning was a BAD morning!
First of all...it was so hard to wake up for my morning run...but I am happy I did.
Then I had to WAKE UP Madi and Cassi...which is never a good idea...but they were sleeping too long...
Well, since they slept longer, we were all in a hurry to get ready...which is always stressful, for all of us.
THEN...as I was putting Elsie on the potty, I hear Porters scream of pain and realized he had grabbed the curling iron...
So I ran him to the sink and ran it under cold water until Brent took over so I could do hair for the girls.
All this time we are dealing with a very stressed out and emotional Madi...
This months she was chosen as a character student, with the trait of Charity.
She was terrified to go up in front of everyone.
What if she messed up?
What if kids made fun of her?
A lot of 'what if's'...
Finally, somehow, Brent got through to her, gave her a blessing, and she went and changer her shirt.
The one I picked out had sleeves that were too puffy, and looked like it needed to be ironed.
But that was the style of the short...(it was the shirt she wore for her picture in the side bar.)
So she went and changed her shirt, so she felt more comfortable...
Elsie's bus showed up, got her on...they drove off, then pulled over next door.
Madi and Cassi's bus came, they got on and left.
Then I walked over to Elsie's bus, and it stunk like a burning belt.
So I took Elsie off so we could drive her to school.
But since it was such a hectic morning I did not get a shower after my run.
And we had to be to school by 9:00 for the character assembly.
Porter was REALLY grumpy, so I laid him down hoping to get a small nap before we had to go.
So Brent ran Elsie to school while I jumped in the shower...
Then Jenni called me and told me that Tanger was at her house...this is while I was in my towel...so she ran him back for me (Thanks Jenni) and I got dressed and blow-dried my hair in about 10 minutes.
I got Porter out of bed and ready just in time for Brent to pull up and drive us to school.
I was so ready for the day to be OVER!!!
*************************
We got to school in good time with a not too bad seat.
Not many kids were in there yet, and only a few parents.
When Madi came in I tried to get her attention...when she finally saw me, I got the "Oh Mom, please don't embarrass me" look....
From the day she found out she was getting this award I was told I could only take one picture from my seat in the back.
She does not like attention and she does not like to feel like the odd one out.
I kept telling her to look around and see that EVERY other mom was taking pictures of their kids...
But I didn't fight with her.
I was proud that she actually went to school and got on that stage.
She was honored for Charity.
I think my Madi is a great example of Charity.
I know that she is very kind and giving to others at school.
She is definitely like that at home...but sometimes the pre-teen-ness takes over...
But she really is a wonderful girl and I am so glad that she was honored this way today.
I did do one dumb thing.
After the Character part of the assembly, we were getting ready to leave, cause Porter was being a naughty boy...
But I needed to ask Mrs. Stred, Cassi's teacher if she still needed me in class today.
So I walked up the side of the gym and found Mrs. Stred...I passed Madi along the way, sitting with her class and kinda rubbed her head.
Then after I talked to Mrs. Stred I got by Madi again...I bent down and KISSED her cheek!
I don't know why...it happened so FAST!!!
That is the absolute worst thing for a Mom to do to embarrass her kid.
I did it fast and left and when we got in the car I finally realized the magnitude of what I just did...
I was worried that she would be so mad at me.
So I decided to do something for her.
I have been promising that we would rearrange her pictures and put up her cork board...so that is what I did for her.
I am very happy to say that she wasn't even mad at me for kissing her, and she was VERY excited about her wall being done!
She is a good kid.
I am so grateful for her to be a part of our family.
*******************
The rest of the day was a good day...nothing crazy, we went to the park cause it was such a nice day.
Got homework done in time to sit and relax and have some smoothies with the fam.
Now we, Brent and I, are gonna watch LOST.
********************
* I am Thankful for my amazing, wonderful and charitable Madi Bell.
*I am Thankful that Brent is finally getting his MRI tomorrow...so we can finally know whether he needs surgery again or not!
*I am Thankful that I FINALLY listened to my motherly instinct and went and got Porter who has been crying for the last 30 minutes. His little foot was caught in the railing of his crib and his body was completely turned around his ankle. He was only whimpering by the me went up, and almost asleep. How sad is that...I am glad I finally went up there...poor little guy.

6 comments:

Bald n Beautiful said...

I want to see pictures of Madi's wall I am trying to arrange Kelli's and my mind is a mess. I thought my day was crazy but I think you win.

MegJill said...

What a crazy morning! I don't like the days that start out hard, and late! Except I will do anything to get a few more minutes of sleep, which can often make the morning rushed.
Maddi's shirt (with the puffed type of sleeves) is adorable! Did I read once that you made it from a shirt of yours? I always think it is so cute.
I'm glad she wasn't mad at you for kissing her! That would make me so sad as a mom, but I don't have a pre-teen yet. Should I be scared?!
And that is awesome that she won that award!!!

Nancy said...

I so LOVE that you blog about everyday LIFE! Some day you will be able to read back and laugh. Especially about kissing her on the head. Not the burn part though. OUCH. (I think it happens to every kid. If not on their own - by their mother's trying to curl their hair.)

Jodi Gallagher said...

Wow what a hectic morning! Glad you go through it! Great job Maddi! I can't wait to see Maddis wall.

Jennece said...

That's neat she got that award! Aren't you glad that her phase is just a phase?! That's what I have too think about when my kids are like that pre-teen stuff!! Welcome to my crazy morning world!! That's like that some or should I say most mornings! Thank goodness for husbands, or Good Husbands that are helpful and loving ect. Hope today is better!

Jackie said...

I love your "one picture from the back". I think that is the neatest looking picture of a scene in a gym/ on a stage that I've seen! I love how the audience shows and the focus and brightest part of the picture is on the stage and Madi. Good job Madi for getting the award too! Yea!