Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Pattys Day!!!

Hope you all had a fun and very GREEN day!
I have very fond memories of my Mom and Dad turning EVERYTHING green on St. Patty's Day.
Today I had a free day from my wellness challenge...
So I tried to think of some kind of fun dessert to make for the kids.
I found a cute way to make cupcakes into shamrocks...too bad I really am no good in the kitchen.
Oh well, they tasted good!
We had green milk all day (and probably tomorrow too!)
I also made green rice crispy treats...
Green jell-o, which actually didn't set up in time...so they can have that tomorrow!
We had egg sandwiches for dinner...green eggs.
And I painted green shamrocks on the bread.
Kinda goofy, but the kids loved it.
They frosted their cupcakes after dinner...with green frosting, of course!!!
Oh, and last night I made them some green shamrock hair clips.
They liked those too.

So I think they had a fun day.
I had fun.
******************************
* I am Thankful that my parents took the time to make things fun for us as kids...I hope it is something I can do for my kids more often for Holidays!
*I am Thankful that today was an amazingly awesome day outside...and Thankful that Jenni took Cassi all day again and took her to the park when I couldn't cause the little ones were sleeping! Thanks a million Jenni!
*I am Thankful that we are going to bed early tonight and I am skipping my early morning run tomorrow. I am so EXHAUSTED and just can't keep up. I guess it is because I am 30 now, right??? Ya, that must be it!

3 comments:

Jilene said...

Kim, you really are an amazing mom and person. Someone I need to strive to be like. Thanks for your inspiring blog!

aryn said...

you are perfection.

Malisa said...

Way cute grren food! We did green pancakes and its funny because my kids thought they tasted better green! Silly kids! I love the hair clips you made! Adorable!!