Monday, March 22, 2010

No motivation...

I would have slept all day today if I could.
I just had no motivation to get up and get stuff done.
Maybe I am to the point where there is just SO MUCH to do...it is just easier to not do anything!!!
I also think Brent and I are sick...
Oh well, maybe after a good nights sleep.
I did get one coat of paint on the bathroom cabinet.
I have to wait overnight to re coat.
I think it looks good.
But I think I am leaning towards getting a sprayer for the kitchen cabinets.
I want a very smooth finish.
The bathroom cabinets look really good.
Just not that real smooth glossy finish I want for the kitchen.
Has anyone out there ever used a sprayer for a big project???
*****************************
At dinner today Madi told us that she has decided that she was in a helpful mood.
I asked why she felt that way.
She said she knows that I (mom) am going to need a lot of help when Dad has surgery, and she wants to help out and not fight.
I told her how proud I was that she saw the need and was prepared to do what she needed.
She was very helpful all night.
She cleared the table.
Did the dishes.
Helped get the kids upstairs and get them ready for baths and bed.
We only had one little fight when I told her that she could only have half of an ice cream sandwich.
She said it wasn't fair.
I told her that it wasn't because I was being mean, I just want her to be aware of what she is eating.
There is no reason for little kids to have a FULL ice cream sandwich.
Am I wrong???
Anyway...it was good cause we both listened to each other, got it figured out, hugged, and got on our way.
She was very helpful in finishing up cleaning Elsie and Cassi's room.
She, and Cassi, moved all Elsie's clothes into her new dresser while I gave the babies a bath.
So I am excited...she is such a good kid.
It is nice to have her as such a great helper around the house.
*******************************************
*I am Thankful for my sweet Madi Bell who is such a great person inside and out.
*I am Thankful that I got SOME of the things done on my to-do list. I am Hoping that I get more checked off the list tomorrow...one major fun to-do...I get to take pictures of my friend Alesha and her baby in the hospital...Alesha, I will be waiting for the call...
*I am Thankful that this evening was not a stressful one. The kids were all good...stuff got done. It was good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kim! If you have way too much to do, I understand :) But we will call you for sure when we are close.

Malisa said...

Rent a sprayer for sure! There is no other way to go. Or even buy a cheaper one if you don't have a big area to do. When we were finishing our bonus room after we moved in, it took me 2 days (all day painting) just to apply the primer. We decided to rent a sprayer for the paint. WEs had it all done in 45 minutes and that was with some of the cleanup. It took longer to tape. So I think it is well worth every penny to rent a sprayer.
Madi is such a doll!

Lyric Payne said...

Oh c'mon, let the girl eat a whole ice cream sandwich!! Although who am I to talk - my kids are the ones who already read nutrition labels!