Saturday, February 20, 2010

TOO MUCH loves...

These pictures are really bad and grainy...but I had to get some before I rescued Elsie...so I couldn't waist time with camera fidgeting!!!
Porter isn't a soft kid.
He doesn't mean to be mean...he is just a rough and tumble little boy.
Lately we are trying to get him to give loves, especially after he has hurt someone.
He is very sweet and comes and hugs you and lays his head on you...but in a rough way still...he kind of mows you over while doing it.
He is always hugging Elsie while she is walking or standing and he knocks her completely over.
Again, he is not trying to be mean.
Well, tonight he really wanted to give Elsie loves...and she just was not interested!
I kept pulling him off of her...finally I decided to get the camera and snap a shot for memory sake.
Over and over he bugged, I mean hugged, her.
Little turkey.
Elsie was fine...just a little fed up with the boy, and SO ready for bed!

*****************************************
I told Madi she needed to stop talking back to me...this was her solution...
(Again...bad picture resolution!)
***************************************
The girls got water colors for Christmas...but I just got some water color paper the other day.
I am a huge water color fan.
I think they are just beautiful!
So I wanted to sit down and try with the kids...
It was so much fun...I think there are definitely some rules I didn't follow...but I think it turned out okay.
I have some vintage kid clothing pattern that my friend Annie gave to me from her Moms stash...
I love the outfits...but I also love the pictures on the front!
That is what I used for an idea.
Not too bad.
Still not sure if I like it!
I looked on-line and found a place that you can do water color lessons for free...just basics...but I would love to try it...
I would LOVE to have a huge water color painting of my family in our living room...
Maybe some day!
********************************************
*I am Thankful that tomorrow is Sunday...I have missed the last two weeks of church and I am ready for some spiritual feedings...
*I am Thankful that Elsie slept from 4:30 yesterday afternoon until 7:00 this morning!!! Yikes...that is a lot of sleeping! Two, 14-15 hour sleep episodes in one week! Wouldn't that be GREAT!!!
*I am Thankful that my hubby is home tomorrow...'Cause I miss him.
Love you babe.

3 comments:

Bald n Beautiful said...

That is so cute! I wish I could paint or draw. I would do something cute for the girls rooms.

Emily Peterson said...

Oh, poor Elsie!! :o) In that second picture it looks like she was trying to crawl away from Porter but ran out of room!

Love the tape on Madi!

Jodi Gallagher said...

Porter looks as big as Elsie! That is so funny. He sure loves his sister. Great job on the watercolor. I love Madis idea of duck tape over the mouth. Maybe I can talk my kids into that too????