Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Running for sticks!

Madi has been trying to get me to come and run with her after lunch for a VERY LONG TIME!!!
Finally we found a day to come and do it.
After lunch the kids earn stick for every lap they take...great idea...(although I am not sure it is a great idea RIGHT after lunch!)
I got to school a little early and got Cassi before she got on the bus...and we went and ate lunch with Madi in the cafeteria...
I think Madi was a little embarrassed of us at first...oh well, that is what parents are for!!!
Then we headed out and started running...I got two sticks for every lap and Cassi earned some for Madi's class too.
What ever class gets the most sticks gets to keep a golden shoe in their class room.
Very exciting stuff, you know!
We couldn't run the whole time...Cassi got worn out fast, but I think we earned some good sticks for Madi.
I told her I would come again, maybe Thursday and run it with her and get her a TON of sticks!!!
But I need to bring the babies in strollers...cause they would get sticks for her class too!
I think it is a great idea!

Lots of fun!
***********************************
I forgot to write this yesterday...but it is too exciting to leave out...
And sorry if it is too gross...but for you mommy's out there...you know the excitement this brings!
Elsie pooped in the potty yesterday.
It might have been a little traumatizing for her, she was a little freaked out and stuck her hand in the potty and got some on her hand...(she is a very touch oriented girl...has to touch every thing)
But after we got cleaned up, we talked about how exciting this is and what a big girl she is...
She talked about it all day yesterday and today...told every one several times...
I know she wants to go on the potty so bad...she sits on it several times a day...but nothing happens.
We are really gonna buckle down on e of these weekends and see if potty training is even a possibility right now!
But for now, yippee Elsie!
So exciting!
********************************************
*I am Thankful for the very cool new (old) chairs I will be getting...more on that later!
*I am Thankful for my hubby who helps out more than you would know with the kids!!!
*I am Thankful that Elsie is feeling better...when she is sick, it seems about 10 times worse for her than anyone else. It makes me sad!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I've been reading your blog for some time now, and I just wanted to tell you that I think you are great photographer, and you have a beautiful family! I really enjoy your daily posts and how you're documenting this for your family. Thanks for sharing!!

Katie Call-Sommer said...

Great job Elsie!!!

The Holdaway Family said...

What a great idea for the kids to get some excersize!

Nancy said...

I always tell my kids it is MY JOB to embarasses them:)

Way to go Elsie!!!