Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy *HEART* Day!!!

Happy Valentines Day!!!

We skipped church again this week...Elsie only got about 3 hours total of sleep last night (me too!) And she was running a fever this morning...Porter still had a runny nose...It was just a better idea to stay home.

Man Elsie had a rough day. She was so tired...but every time she tried to sleep she couldn't breathe. She watched a lot of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse...which is her absolute favorite right now.

Just after Christmas I found a darling stuffed horse at Walgreen's for only $10! But Santa had just brought Elsie a $40 horse for Christmas...but I bought it and had it in stock, I thought maybe for her birthday or something...Well, today was the day to bring it out. We all need a Valentines gift, right??? I told the big girls I would take them to Hobby Lobby tomorrow to pick out their Valentines Day present...

This guy was exactly what we needed today...several times he saved us from massive fits...we still had a few...but not as many as we would have had without the cute little guy!
I am glad she loves him so much...and don't worry, $40 horse from Santa is loved too...you just can't cuddle him...so both 'Stripps' are very loved!

**********************************************
The girls got quite creative today (while they weren't fighting anyway...)
Madi made this cute little Planters peanut Guy out of play-doe...
She did a FANTASTIC job!!!
Don't ya think?
I believe she is planning to get real (grown up) clay at Hobby Lobby tomorrow.
And Cassi drew this AWESOME picture of Mickey Mouse for Elsie...to make her happy.
She even wrote, all by herself, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse at the top.
Very good job Cassi!!!
Elsie LOVED it!
I am pretty sure she wants more art supplies from Hobby Lobby!
******************************************
*I am Thankful for a great friend like Jenni who knew I was couped up in the house all day and brought me some chocolate to make me happy...(Valentines is a free day for my challenge...don't judge!) But believe me, I am excited to get back on track tomorrow!
*I am Thankful for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse...without him today, I might have gone crazy...although...he has made me a little nuts today...oh well, I would endure anything for my sweet Elsie!
*I am so Thankful for the amazingly romantic and heartfelt letter I got from my Valentine today. I love him so much and I am so lucky to have him!!!

1 comment:

Young family said...

Sounds like we had a pretty similar day! Sorry Elsie is sick...
Come on Spring!!
Did you get into Robie today??