Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My sweet baby girl...

I know she isn't much of a baby anymore...
But she will always be my baby girl.
Elsie has had a rough few weeks.
About midway through the week we were gone she started to fall a lot.
At school they thought maybe her foot braces were getting too tight on her.
So when we got back we went the weekend without putting the braces on...and Monday at school without them.
But it didn't seem to change.
And she has been falling hard.
She has bruises on her knees and ankles....
Normally when she is sick, or the weather is really cold, her muscles will get tighter and make it a little harder for her to walk...but this time looked different.
So when Katie came over (Elsie's Physical Therapist), we sat and watched Elsie walk back and forth and back and forth trying to figure out what is going on different to make her fall so much.
We did notice that one thigh tighter than the other and it seemed that when she lifted the leg with the looser thigh, it would pull the other leg, thigh, forward bending her knee and causing her to fall.
I don't know.
Katie says that we will just keep an eye out and really stretch her good for the next couple weeks and see how things are then and go from there.
I just hate to see her get so frustrated and I can't help her out.
Then the other day we went to her eye appointment and found that her right eye is weaker than her left eye...so they said we could do a patch over the eye or try these eye drops that dilate the eye.
I didn't think she would leave the patch on, so we are trying the eye drops.
The theory is that if you make the good eye blurry and dilated, it will make the not so good eye work harder.
So this is how Elsie will look for the next few months!
It is a pretty common thing to happen, and it doesn't seem to bother her, so that is good!
But on a good note...
Elsie's speech has really been improving in the last few weeks.
I know I can understand her better...I am not sure about you outsiders...but I can get most of what she says now.
Unless she is upset...we are still working on communication that way!
****************************************
These pictures are from last night...the last two nights she has crawled out of bed and laid at the top of the stairs and gone to sleep....
How can that be comfortable?
Silly goose!


So I take her back to bed...tuck her into her Emmy blanket, and lay her picture of Stripp next to her. She sleeps with that thing every night! She talks about that horse every day and we can't wait until the next time we get to see her!

****************************************

Oh we just LOVE this little Angel baby and the light she brings into every ones life! Keep her in your prayers that her little body can stay strong!

7 comments:

Malisa said...

Dang it! I hope you can figure out what is going on! It must be so hard to see her go through that! She is such a cute smiley girl! Hope things get better soon!

Jodi Gallagher said...

Poor girl, I hope you guys get it figured out soon. Caleb is probally going to have to wear a patch here soon on one of his eyes. Elsie is a doll. She melts my heart!

Erin said...

such a sweet little thing. it breaks my heart that she has so many trials. she really is such a trooper!

The Holdaway Family said...

It just breaks my heart to think of how hard life must be for this sweet little girl, we will keep her in our prayers!

Brooke said...

I just love her so much. Give her a big squeeze from "Brookie". Tell her I'm so proud of her. Talkign is hard work and she is doing AWESOME. I couldn't believe how great was she doing when I saw her at Gram's. She is strong and we will keep her in our prayers too. Love you Elsie Rose!

Chalisse Martineau said...

We will definitely keep sweet little Elsie in our prayers. She is our inspiration. She works so hard and always has a smile on her sweet, beautiful face!

jessica Smith-fisher said...

I will be praying for her and you as well. She has an amazing fight inside of her.