Tuesday, November 17, 2009

261.305

I LOVE my family!!!
I also LOVE that picture day is FiNaLlY over!!!
My awesome friend, Amy, and I swapped family photos...
Today was finally our day to do it...but it almost wasn't.
Remember how windy today was...
Well, this was already a rescheduled day due to weather and we were gonna try tomorrow...but we decided to just get it over with.
I am glad we did.
Family pictures are exhausting...and it doesn't just start on the day of pictures.
I think I put way too much time and stress into these outfits.
I wanted them to be fun, but a little funky, but also show the individual personalities...oh and did I mention that I didn't want to spend much money doing it!
Well, these are the outfits I came up with.
I will start with Madi.
Her undershirt is one of mine...just pinned in the back.
Her over shirt was also one of mine, cut and sewn to fit her just right...and a belt I made for her to bring in the dark blue.
I think it portrays Madi's proper-ness, and perfection-ism.
Cassi's red top used to be a dress, but I saw this Levi skirt at a second hand store and thought it was SO CASSI!
So I cut the dress to show the skirt. I know...I am weird.
I just came across the socks and also thought they were SO CASSI...so I had to get them...and they helped bring the turquoise color to her outfit.
Then I made some little flowers to put on her dress to help them tie in together.
I think it portrays Cassi's cRaZiNeSs!
Elsie is wearing a sweater dress that was mine...just never looked good on me and I knew the color would be beautiful on Elsie...so I cut and sewed...cut more and sewed more...until is was just right.
I also made a cute flower pin for her dress the help bring in the red.
I think the outfit shows Elsie's sweetness and her love-ability!
Lucky for Porter and Brent, boys clothes are nearly as fun to modify...so they are pretty plain...but pretty good looking if you ask me!
My dress and boots are borrowed from my friend Jenni...(every professional picture I have had taken in the last few years...I have worn clothes from Jenni)
The striped top is a dress I found at another second hand store...half off, yippee!
So I cut it right down the middle to make it a little jacket.
I know...crazy me again.
But that is why the outfit matches me...I am crazy!
I Took my camera so Amy could take a few shots so I could post one tonight!
I am so excited to see how the others turned out!!!!!
Thanks Amy SO MUCH for doing this for us!

16 comments:

skcoe said...

HATE picture day. But I LOOOOOOVE the results! So so so cute on the outfits and matching and I can't wait to see the rest.

You're pretty much my hero.

Cami said...

I don't think you are crazy! I think you are extremely creative! All the outfits look AMAZING!! I can't wait to see more pics! You are gonna post more, right? I love Madi's face in this pic and how Cassi is standing! Such a beautiful family!

Books = Possibilities said...

Oh fun! I love how Porter is touching the wall.

andrea wardle said...

You make me tired, Woman! At this point I'm thinking "Even if I can get a picture of me and Scott in the same frame I will take it!!" I can't wait to see the rest!

Jenni said...

Great picture. I am excited to see the rest. You know I think you are a little crazy but oh so inventive and creative. The clothes are perfect for your family and you have a funny story and background memories that will be thought of every time you see the pictures.
Btw, is Elsie wearing the shirt/dress I bought you a couple years ago for your birthday? That is funny! I keep meaning to ask you what happened to it cuz i was gonna say you should give it back if you are never gonna wear it. I am glad it got some use finally!. haha

Brittany said...

Seriously Kim! You amaze me. The outfits are adorable! Ah, I miss you guys. The picture is darling and you all look fabulous.

Young family said...

And I thought I went to a lot of trouble to get my family to match for our pictures... Boy did I go easy..
I agree though, you are very creative and when you get an idea, you go with it. Your family is beautiful!

Erin said...

um, seriously? those outfits are all AMAZING! i love what you did for each of them, so perfect. i'm jealous i don't have any girls that i can sew for...boys are just plain boring in the clothing department (however, i am glad i have two small boys i can dress in plaid flannel as i can't get my husband to wear it :) ).

Brooke said...

What a stinkin cute family you have. I LOVE the outfits. SInce I can barely thread a needle I have no hope of being as cute and creavtive as you. You guys all look sooooooooo cute. And Madi looks like a mini-you to me. I love you all. Counting the days till we can see you again. Brad's been teachign Bridge some wrestling moves ;-)

Brooke said...

What a stinkin cute family you have. I LOVE the outfits. SInce I can barely thread a needle I have no hope of being as cute and creavtive as you. You guys all look sooooooooo cute. And Madi looks like a mini-you to me. I love you all. Counting the days till we can see you again. Brad's been teachign Bridge some wrestling moves ;-)

Brooke said...

What a stinkin cute family you have. I LOVE the outfits. SInce I can barely thread a needle I have no hope of being as cute and creavtive as you. You guys all look sooooooooo cute. And Madi looks like a mini-you to me. I love you all. Counting the days till we can see you again. Brad's been teachign Bridge some wrestling moves ;-)

The Holdaway Family said...

Perfect!

Erin said...

btw..i showed this pic to guy & explained all that you did...he was super impressed!

Amy said...

You guys looked awesome! I was super impressed with all your handiwork :). I had a great time with you guys - such a cute fam!!!

Sue said...

Wow! You guys look great! And you can do things with clothes that I would never think of doing in a million years - I love it!

Also, I just realized that the Amy taking your pictures is someone that I know from college...actually I know her husband, Todd, better since we are the same age. What a small world! Tell them hi for me the next time you see them. :)

Sue said...

Wow! You guys look great! And you can do things with clothes that I would never think of doing in a million years - I love it!

Also, I just realized that the Amy taking your pictures is someone that I know from college...actually I know her husband, Todd, better since we are the same age. What a small world! Tell them hi for me the next time you see them. :)