Monday, November 16, 2009

260.305

I LOVE my Madi time!
Madi and I don't always see eye to eye.
And it makes me sad.
I want BADLY to have a better relationship with her.
I think we are both trying.
Tonight Madi helped me get all the younger ones to bed and she and I stayed up for a little while working on her city project.
That is what Madi thrives on.
One-on-one time.
I need to try harder to give that to her.
It is easier for her to open up and tell me about things in her life when there isn't chaos all around us!
I do enjoy my time with Madi and I hope she enjoys this time with me.
It is a very important thing for a girl to be able to talk to her Mom about important things.
I just want her to always know I am there for her.
I love that girl.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

What a lucky girl to have a you for a mom!!!

Books = Possibilities said...

That's sweet that you recognize she needs some special time with you. Being the oldest isn't an easy task. I know I expect a lot more from Aarynn because she is the oldest!

Unknown said...

Nothing beats that one-on-one time and sometimes it the hardest thing to find / give.
I dread the day that my darling little girl discovers that not everything I say is the bees knees and I treasure being her idol for now because I know very soon she will grow up ...

Cami said...

One on one time is the best! She looks SO pretty in that 3rd picture! You have a couple heartbreakers on your hands!

The Holdaway Family said...

Being the oldest has got to be so hard, I know that I have expects SO much more out of Bailey at a younger age than any of my other kids. She used to cry because she was the oldest and now I think she relizes all the privlages that come with it!