Sunday, November 15, 2009

259.305

I LOVE the Reflections program...
Seriously...there is no better program...asking a child to express how they feel through art!
This years theme is "Beauty is......" and the child makes a work of art, in all different categories, that explains the theme.
The girls finished up their projects this afternoon because they are due tomorrow!
Nothing like waiting 'til last minute!!!
Madi wrote...
"Beauty is nature"
And she painted these lovely purple flowers.
Cassi wrote...
"Night is beauty"
Cassi's evolves from several different themes...at one point she had a deer drawn at the bottom, a popsicle stick tree glued on one side, it was a beach at one point, but I think the final outcome is just wonderful.
I told her that I can't wait to hang it up.
Madi had a great idea..she wanted the picture to pop...
But later this evening I read the rules, and they state that they can't be 3D.
Bummer...
I told her we would take it off, but when she gets it back, we will glue it back on and hang it that way!
I think it turned out perfect!

7 comments:

Chalisse Martineau said...

Wow! Both are so beautiful! I wish I could be as creative as they are. Tell them I love their paintings!

Books = Possibilities said...

Very beautiful. Both Madi and Cassi had fantastic ideas and executed them marvelously.

Cami said...

Those are so amazing! Has it really been a year since the last one? Those girls are so talented!

Amy said...

Such beautiful pictures!! I love how artistic your girls are!

Erin said...

such talent! i love both pictures...too bad about the 3D

Sara said...

Amazing! I just love both of their works of art!!!

The Holdaway Family said...

Awesome pictures, girls!