Saturday, November 14, 2009

258.305

I LOVE to de-clutter!!!
I know...shocking...the girl who takes everyone else's junk actually throws stuff out!!!
Haha...
Today was a very productive day.
I love those!
Christmas is fast approaching and every year we like to weed out the toys...WAY DOWN.
The kids help us out and we let them know that we are donating them and the toys will get to go to kids who are not as fortunate as them.
It is easy to get rid of the stuff you don't want...but some things...were a little harder to let go.
But the kids learned that it isn't much of a sacrifice if you don't WANT the toys anyway.
They made some good choices...kept what they needed and gave the rest away.
I think we have pretty good kids.
Elsie was willing to give it all away, she kept throwing any old thing into the donate bucket...
She had a great time doing it...I am not sure she understood that they were going away.
Silly girl.
We still have A LOT more to go through, but we had a car load of stuff to take to DI.
Madi kept saying that it felt good.
And it did...it felt really good.
***************************************************
And, just so you have a cute picture to look at instead of garbage bags, I will add this one.
I can't believe Porter is almost one!
I am making a birthday book for him (free from shutterfly...yay!), with all his monthly pictures and I needed a 12 month picture...so this is cheating, a week before he is one...
But isn't he SO CUTE?????

5 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

Porter is almost a year! Wasn't he just born??? :)

That is great about the donation. We did that when we moved to this apartment, and ended up unloading a lot of stuffies the girls still loved, yet we had no room for them. It's great to get rid of 'junk' but it's also good to give away useful stuff, too!

Cami said...

The dejunking of the toys is such a good idea! I will keep that in mind for when we have kids!

Porter is such a cute! I agree with April, didn't you just have him! Wow how time flies!!!

Nancy said...

My kids were always much better at cleaning out the toy box than I was!

Brooke said...

What a cutie!!! I wish I would have thought about you guys coming up for Thanksgiving....I totally would have had you take Bridge man pictures. Maybe next time....for sure next time. And how did you get the free shutterfly book. My plan was to have a bday book and it's getting closer...but free is AWESEOME. Serioulsy email me I want to know!!! And seriously I want to book you for some pics in the future. And p.s. you should bring that vest and I'll bring Bridge's for Thanksgiving. They could be matching vest dudes together.

Katie Call-Sommer said...

o very cute little boy!