Tuesday, September 22, 2009

205.365

I LOVE memories of Grandma Beardall!!!

Today I spent a little time cutting strips to make Madi's scripture bag.
I kept smelling my Grandmas perfect smell.
I realized that one specific material I was using, the blue one above, was actually a shirt of my Grandmas, that she had cut up for quilting scraps.
It smelled just like her, and it took me back.
I miss that lady.
What an amazing woman.
If only I could be an ounce like she was!
She had an amazing way of making you believe she was your absolute favorite, even though I am sure I WAS!
But when she talked to you, she focused on you and what you had to say.
My favorite was when she told you she loved you.
It was never, luv ya, or love you, or anything casual.
It was always a straight look in the eye and a very strong, I LOVE YOU.
Amazing.
I got to talk to her the on the phone the night she passed away.
And that is exactly what she did.
I could feel her looking in my eyes and wrapping her arms around me and saying "I LOVE YOU KIMI."
Oh, and I love her.
My life is better because of her.
And then another crazy part about today.
This evening I got a call on the phone.
When I answered the lady asked for Shirley.
Obviously the wrong number, but what struck me was how much this lady sounded like my Grandma.
I wanted her to talk more, but she hung up after I said she must have had the wrong number.
I cherish the memories of my Grandma, and everything she taught me.
And all the things she has passed down to me.
I love you Grandma!

Here are a couple posts about Grandma that I did a while back....here and here

6 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

*deep sigh*

I miss her.

Lyric Payne said...

Kim, what a beautiful post. I'm sure you're more like her than you know.

Sara said...

I sure to miss her too! I am so thankful for her amazing example in my life!

The Holdaway Family said...

She is such an amazing woman, I miss her so much!

The Holdaway Family said...

I also miss the way she would tell me she loved me, it was like I was the only person in the world she loved, and I know she made everyone feel that way too.

Cami said...

Isn't it weird how smells can take you back to certain moments? I love it!