Friday, October 26, 2007

Tile Rummy with Grandma Beardall

My awesome Grandma is 97 years old and still smart as a whip. She has to stay in bed, but loves to play games, so my Mom figured out how to play tile rummy with her. My Mom put Velcro on the backs of all the pieces, then hangs a piece of carpet on the wall...
While we were there, Madi and I got a chance to play with my Mom and Grandma. Madi loves games too, and we had a lot of fun...can't wait until next time Grandma!!!
Putting runs on the carpet
My sweet Grandma
My grandmas set up...
She has a string of pictures above her. She has quite a family!

Serious game faces!

4 comments:

Lyric Payne said...

That is a genius idea. I hope when I'm that old someone will do that for me. Actually I hope I never have to lay all day, unless I'm at the beach, but if I do, I hope I have adorable grandchildren who will play carpet tile rummy with me!

Sara said...

That is such a great idea! How fun! That is awesome that Madi got to play with her. Grandma is so amazing!!!

Cami said...

Cool! I remember playing that game with Grandma and Grandad!

The Holdaway Family said...

Grandma just loves playing games with people!