Wednesday, August 26, 2009

178.365

We LOVE our new carpet!!!
We are gonna LOVE it more when the correct amount arrives in 2 weeks, and it is installed again!!!!!!!
Cassi wanted me to take a picture of her pretending to pull the staples out...
Taking a second look at it, it kinda looks like she is trying to go potty......
ANYWAY!!!
Our carpet came today.
The carpet guy came in, measured and chuckled...
Brent asks what was funny...
The carpet guy says..."I shouldn't laugh, cause it isn't funny, but we are short. There is not enough carpet!"
SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!
AHHHHH!!!!!
So this is what we did...
He installed what he had...and put a different piece of different carpet to make up for the spot.
Now they have re-ordered to CORRECT amount this time and it should arrive soon.
I can't even tell you how mad we were!!!
I am bummed cause we were all excited to have nice beautiful carpet when our families come to town for Madi's baptism...but now we have this.
Not too attractive!
Oh well.
I am thinking we can talk them into carpeting out office too...or give us something for the trouble, right!!!
Seriously!
BUT...on a happy note...
You know how I was concerned about the green tone....
Well, no worries.
WE LOVE THIS CARPET!
First of all, it is the most comfy in the whole WORLD!!!
And it looks great and I think matches our personality, if carpet can even match personalities!
So we are slowly putting stuff back in...and I LOVE the room even more than before!
It is so great!
Come see it!

(It was hard to find the right coloring in the room for 3 separate times of the day...but you get the idea...so much better, right!)

10 comments:

Brooke said...

Dang it!! I would be so so mad. It does look great though! They should recarpet the office for sure...the least they could do for the BIG mistake they made!

Books = Possibilities said...

It is beautiful carpet! You know, I thought your old carpet looked fine. But compared to the dark carpet...WOWZA!!!

Too bad about the shortage of carpet. But give them that Kimi-charm and you should get your office taken care of, too!!!!

Erin said...

i love the dark carpet. it looks so cozy. at least they had sometime to patch up the shortage...it would have been awful if they had to leave it bare.

Cami said...

LOVE the new carpet!! I love how it makes the fireplace stand out!! You should totally talk them in to doing your office! That's LAME!! So now when they come back do they have to rip it all out again?

Young family said...

We are glad you love it...It really looks good and will really look great when it is completely done!
It kinda makes me want new carpet...

Brittany said...

It looks fantastic! I really like the dark carpet. Good choice. Sorry about the shortage, darnit!

Amy said...

What a bummer about the measurements! It does look great though... I'm glad you love it!

Anonymous said...

I love it!! Looks great Kim, you guys did great at picking it out. I will have to come see it!

Katie Call-Sommer said...

looks great!

Sara said...

That really is some AMAZING SOFT carpet!! I love it!! And I think SJ really appreciated crawling on it!