Monday, August 24, 2009

176.365

I LOVE when things turn out...kinda...like you planned...
I decided this year to make some messenger bags for the girls...
(even though I have been informed, thanks Jenni, that they are not allowed to have anything but backpacks...)
And I found an awesome tutorial, and started on them.
This one is Cassi's and it is mostly finished.
Just a few touch-ups are needed, but I am very happy with how it turned out.
I am definitely one of those people that things usually don't turn out as planned, so it is always a pleasant thing when it does turn out as good as planned!!!

6 comments:

Cami said...

That's SO cute!! Why on earth wouldn't they be able to have any kind of bag they want? That's weird...You did a great job though!

Books = Possibilities said...

How cute!!!

I get irritated when the schools/districts/etc. make these weird rules (like can't dye hair...I think Ariel got in trouble for that one) where they don't harm anyone. If you were going to equip their messenger bags with an arsenal of weapons, I can see the school's POV. But since that's not going to happen...

Anyway, again, it is super cute! Way to go! I wish I had the time/took the time to learn to sew better! It sure is a helpful talent!

The Holdaway Family said...

I. LOVE. IT! I need the tutorial! It will make a good church bag at least, that is just so weird that they can only have backpacks...I wonder what their reasoning is...

Jenni said...

I have been meaning to ask you if I can see them. It looks really cute. You may want to find out for sure on back to school night if I am right. I remember them saying that but it might not be a strict rule or maybe it is teacher by teacher.

Nicole Ray said...

Hey Kim,
I was wondering if you would be willing to give sewing lessons? I am willing to pay and really want to learn how to quilt. I have a sewing machine but it is still in the box and I am to intimidated to take it out and try to figure it out. Those bags look super cute!

Ariel said...

I noticed the bags while we were there and I love them! You did a really good job with them!