Sunday, August 23, 2009

175.365

They LOVE their barbie house!!!
You can tell by the picture that Madi was not so happy about me taking this picture...
She said, "Is this for your blog...if it is, make sure you say that I DON'T usually play with barbies!!!"
Ha ha...silly girl!
I wish I still had time to play with barbies!!!
Anyway, a few years ago, Brent and I (mostly Brent) made this house for the girls...
I would love to someday make a second half to it and hinge it on the side...but that would make it pretty dang big!
Anyway, we have real carpet and linoleum inside, wood floors made out of large popsicle sticks...Brent fashioned a toilet, sink, (out of a broken wooden spoon, clever man!) there is wainscot to match what we have in our house, the walls are painted the color of our house, he made some awesome furniture, most of it is pretty mutilated by now.
But it was a fun project that has been dearly loved ever since.
There is even a staircase in it, which is something that I always wish I had.
Barbie houses never seemed to have staircases, how in the WORLD are barbies supposed to get upstairs without a staircase...
I guess I should have taken a shot of the inside...but they looked so cute there, not playing with barbies, and the pretty sun setting outside the window...had to capture it!
Elsie was there too. She is in the back left top room playing.
She plays for hours in that thing.
She almost crawls inside it!
I LOVE it that they LOVE it so much!!!

5 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

That is such an amazing house! I think you've blogged about it before. You should link the blogs together!

Brooke said...

Seriously I think Ben is soooooooo much like my dad. This Barbie House brings back lots of memories for me...Ours had carpet and linoleum too. We had a whole Barbie Village {we still have it...I can't wait for my girls to play with it one day!}. So fun....lucky little girlies Madi, Cassi, and Else are! Love you all

Cami said...

Tell Madi to not be embarrassed! I played with Barbie's til I was like 12, hehe!

You definitely need to take a picture of the inside! I would be really interested in seeing it! It sounds awesome! :)

Lyndsie said...

I want to see a picture of the inside!!! Remember when we use to play barbies all the time??? You, me and Tina. Good times!!!

The Holdaway Family said...

I bet Madi begs to play with Barbies every day...just kidding Madi! I do love that barbie house, very cool!