Monday, July 20, 2009

A couple gifts...

Elsie had such a great day.
She finally got her very own car.
Every time she saw her cousins car...you couldn't keep her out of it.
So I thought it would make a great gift...only I didn't want to pay the full price...of course not!!!
So i found one on Craigslist...got some of the plastic paint...and spray painted it to look like new!
She was so happy, if you can't tell!!!

This is one of the things I made her...a new basket for her walker...
I also made some new tassels for it...out of ribbon...I will have to take a picture of those sometime.
I also made her a few skirts (the one she was wearing today is one I made out of one of my old skirts...cute, right???)
We are gonna have a little birthday party tomorrow night.
So that will be fun too.
It is always fun to spread the birthday out!!!

At dinner Elsie was eating with her hands...Dad told her to eat with her fork, but I had already told her to eat with her spoon...
So she compromised!
What a smarty!!!
Happy Birthday Elsie Rose!!!

11 comments:

Katie Call-Sommer said...

cute pictures! happy bday Elsie!

Cami said...

She is such a cutie!!! I LOVE her smile! It's so contagious! I love the different fabrics you used for her basket and that was such a smart idea for her car!

Ariel said...

She is so cute! I love her glasses! :) Happy Birthday Else!

Books = Possibilities said...

Too cute! I love the basket and the skirt! Looks like she had so much fun! Awesome about the car! I love finding rockin' awesome deals!

Once again, Happy Birthday Elsie!!!!!!!

Nancy said...

What an awesome day. It is so great to do things as a family!

The Stevensons said...

What a cool birthday!

The Holdaway Family said...

I love the basket! And the car is perfect, I know that she will spend many hours in it and by next summer I am sure that her and Porter are going to be fighting over it!

Brittany said...

Happy Birthday to Elsie! She is such a cute little munchkin. I love the basket for her walker. You are so handy!

Young family said...

What a fun birthday she had! The river looked like a blast... count us in next time!
Her car looks like tons of fun! And her basket is so cute! great job!

Jodi Gallagher said...

She sure had a great Birthday! I love the skirt and basket you made Mrs talented!

Sara said...

She is just beautiful! What great birthday presents! She is always so happy!

She is a little smarty pants! So cute!!