Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Favs #39/365

I LOVE/HATE when they grow up!!!
Seriously...
didn't I just have this baby!!!
Isn't he still too little for rice cereal???
Nope...he got to try it for the first time the other day.
He wasn't quite sure about it at times.
He made some pretty funny faces...but enjoyed the new taste.
He thought the spoon was pretty cool!
a little story...
The girls were having fun taking turns giving him spoonfuls.
Elsie thought it was just great.
Well, I had the novel idea of asking hr if she wanted to try it...
she agreed...
I put a small bite in her mouth...
almost immediately she started to spasm...dry heave...
I was laughing...
is that mean?
Brent was video-taping...
is that meaner??
Anyway...she ended up puking...
I am pretty sure she will never try a new thing when I ask her if she wants to try it!!!
Don't worry.....'Popils' fix everything!!!

MMM....what a cutie!!!

12 comments:

Anjeanette said...

He sure is a cutie! Love the first picture of him holding that spoon....too cute. That is funny about Elsie. It's so hard not to laugh at them sometimes, even when they don't think it's funny. Yeah for popils.... :)

Sara said...

It is hard to see our babies grow up!

He is adorable!!!

Poor Elsie!! :)

Books = Possibilities said...

Elsie cracks me up, poor girl!

Like I just mentioned to Sara, I can't believe these little boys are as grown up as they are! Turning to toddlers before our very eyes!

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

porter's face says it all with the cereal! I am just moving on to the cheerios stage, sad they are getting bigger sort of...but it worked great at a restaurant when we needed to "plug him up!" :)

Amy said...

Amen to the love/hate thing!! He is soooo cute. We really should all get together at the park if the weather is nice next week, I haven't seen you in a long time!!

Malisa said...

He is such a cutie! His smile is contagious!

Brooke said...

I LOVE the pictures!! And I love his big brown eyes! Elsie makes me laugh. :-) Good thing for 'popils'!! We're planning on going to E-town for Easter. not till Easter Sunday cuz Brad has to work Sat. Are you guys coming up? If so we definately need to get these cute chubba bubba boys together! I think they will just be fascinated with each other!!

Alison said...

They grow way tooo fast! I think you did just have him yesterday!! He is very cute!

Jilene said...

I feel the same way. Mitchell is growing up too fast too. I even think about another one. Shhh..dont' tell my hubby!!! :-) He is darling. Thanks for sharing

The Holdaway Family said...

Haha poor Elsie! I am laughing so hard imagining it in my head! Porter is growing up way too fast! I LOVE his cheeks!

Nancy said...

You probably don't remember me. We have meat a couple of times. I am Cindy's friend. I usually look at your blog when I look at Brooke's. It always makes me smile, laugh, remember what it was like to have a house full of little ones. I'm so glad you make the effort to enjoy it. You are such a positive person I love it! Nancy Bryant P.S. I'm just trying to figure out this blog thing. Mine is at "happilyforeverfromwy"

Katie Call-Sommer said...

that's cute!