Thursday, April 09, 2009

Favs #40/365

I LOVE quiet time!
So Porter has been a little fussy.
Which is not at all like him.
He just isn't feeling peachy!
But he loves it outside.
So before bed, I fed him his bottle out on the front porch.
It was an absolutely beautiful night.
Watching the neighbor kids ride their bikes...
Smelling the BBQ smells...
Watching people out on walks, holding hands...
Listening to the birds....everywhere...
Looking at my beautiful daffodils...
(which by the way...I am not a fan of daffodils...but when you grow them on your own...they worm a way into your heart!
Now you are thinking...well why did she even plant daffodils???
Well, I had a box full of tulip bulbs, which I love, and daffodils...I planted the wrong bulbs...oh well!)
Sorry, I got a little side-tracked.
Anyway, I started thinking...I never take the time to enjoy the quiet time.
So that is what I did tonight with my little Porter before bed.
We enjoyed the quiet time.

8 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

What a great time! I love beautiful evenings.

Amy said...

I love quiet time! Especially during a sunset, I get too stressed out over daily tasks and need to remember to sit down and just enjoy life!
I love that picture of you and Porter, very cute.

Anjeanette said...

Love that too. Cute picture....

Cami said...

I can't wait to have a porch and have quiet time and all that good stuff! Love the pic!

Jami said...

I heart quiet time...wish there was more of it!!

Wendy Sousley said...

Very sweet!

Sara said...

Oh! So sweet!!! Porter is SO cute! He sure has you wrapped around his finger!!!

I hope he gets feeling better and back to his usual happy self, soon!

(who took the picture?)

The Holdaway Family said...

I love summer for that exact reason...quiet time out side, neighbors out side, the light remains far past bed time! I love it!