Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Favs #38/365

Just Thankful!
I was just looking at my big girls today as they sat outside drawing with pastels.
I can't believe how lucky I am.
I wish I acted like it more often.
I mean seriously....I have said this before....but why do I treat my friends and their kids better than I treat my own family!
It shouldn't be like that.
So that is what I am working on.
I wish I could say that I am forgoing housework to spend time with my kids...
but anyone who has been to my home knows housework is not my priority!
But I do need to drop more of MY stuff to do THEIR stuff.
I am so excited for this summer.
We have great plans to spend time with Family and Friends...
camping,
swimming,
anything outdoors!
That will make me a better mom!
So today I am so thankful to be blessed with Four very beautiful,
very different,
little angels.
And one pretty great husband!

3 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

Kim, you are so right. It seems like we are so much more interested in what others think about us than our own family. And our families are the ones that will accept us no matter what.

The Holdaway Family said...

I too need to spend more time with my kids and appreciate them more than I do!

Sara said...

Me too!!! It's funny how much my kids appreciate such small things, like playdough or a board game or reading books. I really need to forget about housework sometimes and just devote that time to my kids!