Monday, March 16, 2009

Tumble Time

Favs #16/365
We LOVE Tumble Time!!!
As part of the Infant/Toddler Program, Elsie has the opportunity to take a Tumble Time class with other little kids with different abilities, like Elsie.
I can tell you that I think this has been one of the best things for Elsie and her progress.
Not only does she love it...
but she is learning how to stretch her own muscles,
how to play well with others and take turns.
She is getting to do things that otherwise she wouldn't get the chance to.
I just love that she gets this opportunity.
There is always a Physical therapist there to help make sure they are using their bodies in the best ways for the different things they are doing.
It really has been so amazing.
And of course EVERYONE just loves Elsie and her smiles!
My favorite day, Miss Etta, the teacher, did a Baby Yoga theme.
This is definitely something I want to look into more.
Elsie is going to have to deal with stretching her muscles everyday for the rest of her life.
And this Baby Yoga seemed to be made for her!
So I want to look into that.
I know she would definitely benefit from it!!!
Anyway.
The picture above is Elsie doing the 'pencil' pose.
She is leaning her lower body against a cushion....but she loves doing the 'pencil'.
We are working very hard on 'table'.
That is a tough one!!!

6 comments:

Cami said...

I wish they had "tumble time" for adults! Haha :) She is such a cutie! :)

Anjeanette said...

Very cute.

Books = Possibilities said...

This is great. I would love to see more pictures of Elsie in tumble time and I would love to see a video of it!

Kristi said...

What a sweetie! Good for her for working so hard!

Malisa said...

She is so cute! so fun!

Sandra said...

Elsie,
You are our little HERO!!!