Saturday, March 14, 2009

Relaxing

Favs #14/365
My favorite BAD HABIT!!!
Brent will agree I have a bad habit.
My bad habit...
well, I collect paint.
So much paint that Brent says it is a fire hazard.
I go to stores like Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart...
They always have cans of paint marked WAY down cause they were tinted the color wrong!
So I get them.
But I do use them.
I make my own custom paints.
The newest one is for our bathroom.
Blue gallon of paint just under $4.00,
add some white from stuff I have in the garage,
and a little green from a can I got for about $3.
So my whole master bathroom is now a relaxing and romantic blueish green color.
I love it.
It also matches our bedspread.
I think it is cool when the master bedroom and master bathroom match.
But not too matchy.
So my bedroom is tan and black with a touch of blue (and some red)
My bathroom will be Blue, with a touch of tan and black.
What do you think.
Well, I love it.
And all for under $7!!!
Can't beat that.
I am waiting to find a bunch of cheap tan paint so I can paint my master bedroom.
It is ridiculously TOO big, so it's gonna take a lot of paint!!!
But don't worry...I will do it for cheap...
But Brent did warn me he was gonna throw my paint away.
I better start using it!
I have so many projects to do I am going insane.
Does ANYONE have at least ONE finished room in their house...
Cause I don't!

6 comments:

Beth said...

Well I am impressed and you're only at 14, If you get all the way to 365 without a hiccup you deserve a trophy of some kind. I am not that creative, though I might be able to pull off 356 parental lapses in judgment.

Cami said...

Oh I DO like that color! What color are you wanting to paint your bedroom? I wish I had a house I could paint...stupid white walls...

Anjeanette said...

Oh I am so glad to hear that someone else collects paint, and gets in trouble by their husband. Nathan can't stand that I have SO much paint in the garage. I too, love to have different colors on hand for whatever project. I get bored with what I have, and have to change every so often. I love the color on your walls....so fun you mixed it yourself. Good job. Have fun painting... :)

Young family said...

Hey, I want to paint my master bath.. maybe I should come to the KM Paint store to buy some... what do you think??? And how much does labor cost?

The Holdaway Family said...

Looks great! If I were to choose a bad habit I think I would choose this one! I really should be better about looking for the paint deals...I need to get some color on these walls!

Alison said...

We have a bunch of paint in our garage you can have for free!!