Saturday, December 20, 2008

He's One Month Old!!!

I cannot believe Porter is already a month old!
But I also can't imagine the time when he wasn't here.
Funny how that works.
In Porters short month he has managed to prove two main things to me.
1. Boys are stinky!
2. Boys are loud!
When I say stinky, I mean stinky.
But really, what boy isn't stinky???
And by loud I don't mean he cries a lot, cause he doesn't.
He is actually a very good baby. But when he cries, he is about 10 times louder than any newborn baby I have ever heard. I noticed it first thing in the hospital. But hey, it is a great thing...his lungs are working awesome!
This little guy is so great. We just love him so much.
We had to take him into the doctor yesterday because he has been spitting up a lot.
We wanted to make sure he was gaining weight.
He is. He weighs 9 lb. 10 oz. now.
But he has reflux.
And it is caused by the caffeine we still have to give him. Poor kid.
So we got some medicine for that.
He will take the caffeine for another week or so, then we will keep the monitor on him for another couple weeks to make sure he is breathing fine on his own without the caffeine.
I can't wait to get rid of that dang monitor!
The girls are still in love with their brother.
I am sure they always will be!
Some of Porters favorite things...
*He LOVES to take a bath. It puts him in a trance. It is pretty cute!
*He likes to be in his swing.
*He likes his binky.
*I can tell he is gonna be a very curious boy. He loves to just look around and take it all in.
*He likes to toot, a lot!!!
But he hates getting his diaper changed.
Porter is just perfect for our family...
it is so fun to see him grow and develop his personality, but it makes me a little sad too!!! I am not sure I am ready for him to grow up, move out, and get married...
My favorite things about Porter:
*He has a little wrinkle on the inside of his right eyebrow when he scrunches his eyebrows together. It is so dang cute!
*I could get lost in his eyes.
*He is gonna have nice strong hands like his Daddy.
*I love that he is already so much like his Daddy.
This poor boy doesn't have a chance! I am gonna be smothering, and overprotective.
But I have every right, don't I?

8 comments:

Katie Call-Sommer said...

O my goodness I can't believe how the time flies. He is very cute and getting so big I hope you and him are doing great! All your kids are cute!

Brooke said...

It is crazy how time flies! I agree with you that boys are stinky and loud! Porter and Bridger already have that in common ha ha. We finally moved Bridge into his crib in the other bedroom cuz he is such a noisy little sleeper...I guess it's a blessing in disguise so that is mom can hear him! Porter is a handsome little man. I can't wait to meet him.

Malisa said...

HE is so cute! I can see how you could get lost in his eyes. They are so big and bright. ANd yes you are right. Boys are stinky! And it doesn't get better. So different than girls. I can't wait to see pictures of him pestering your girls. Connor is so good and loves to pester our girls.
How neat for Elsie to be walking. She looks so happy doing it.

Jodi Gallagher said...

He is so handsome! Its so fun to have a baby boy with your girls now! What a cute family!

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

I remember Landon HATED his diaper changed too for a long time, but for some reason now he LOVES it, I can always get smiles even if he is really hungry and crying by changing his diaper, I guess he likes to be clean? :)

The Holdaway Family said...

Oh he is so handsome! He is growing up too fast! Can't they stay little for just a bit longer?

Young family said...

Good luck with the reflux.. Hopefully he will get over that soon.. But good to hear he is gaining weight.
I have found that I have to really take time to enjoy the little things that Hallie does... Because they really do grow and change so much..

Rachel said...

Wow that month did go by fast! I swear that you just had him! But then I feel like Thanksgiving was last week. And Christmas is only 4 days away. He's so cute Kim! He looks like Cassi to me.