Sunday, December 21, 2008

I did it!

So everyone knows that I don't function very well without my hubby.
So I call today a real accomplishment!
Brent was on shift today, as well as last Sunday.
Last Sunday it was an easy decision to slough church.
This week was different. I felt bad sloughing the Sunday before Christmas.
So guess what???
We went!
I made it to church, with FOUR kids, all by myself.
To top it off, I was early!!!
(Even early enough to snap a picture of them!)
I know, I am a dork. But really, things are hard for me without my amazing husband who is always there to help me out. He is definitely the better and stronger parent.

When we got home the girls shoveled the drive-way...such good girls.
Cassi lasted for about 5 minutes.
Madi stayed out there for a long time, and I went out to help her once I got Porter and Elsie down for their naps
She is a good little worker.
We got it all cleared...too bad it is supposed to snow tonight and Dad won't get to see Madi's hard work!!!
Oh well, I am sure she will be happy to help him in the morning.


9 comments:

The Stevensons said...

Please come to Montana and shovel my snow :)

Jilene said...

good job Kim. You are brave! :-) Congrats to Elsie for all her hard work and Porter is just darling. Mitchell spits a lot too, but they keep telling me it's probably NOT reflux! So I'm believing them. Maybe it's all the caffeine I"M drinking!! :-) Merry Christmas!

Malisa said...

Good Job! It is very hard doing things without husband and especially with a new baby. I remember when I had Connor, I needed to go to SLC. I had to call my mom and tell her not to make plans for the weekend because she needed to come with me. My husband works out of town for 2 weeks at a time so I didn't get much done those 2 weeks. We are used to it now but it was really hard then. I only had 3 so I can' only imagine having 4 to do it with. Great job! I wish we had more snow. That looks like so much fun. Reminds me of Evanston.

Sara said...

Great job!!! And believe me, I know it is NOT easy going to church without a husband with 4 kids!!! :) (Luckily I have only had to do it once so far.)

Are you guys getting dumped on too? We have SOOOO much snow! And it isn't the good snowman snow, it is either a bunch of fluff, it is nasty slush, or it is hard ice. Owell...

Angela said...

LOVE all the posting going on. I haven't been on my computer for a couple of days so it was nice to see the pictures, the fabulous walking by Elsie, and all the fun things you love about Porter. Congratulations on getting you and all your kiddos to church on time by yourself. I know how hard that can be, so kuddos to you. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas this year. You have an amazing family and you can be proud!

Roll said...

Kim, Your family is growing. Heather said how cute Porter was, and she is right. You and Brent have to be so proud.

Cami said...

Such cute kids! :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

jen said...

You are amazing! I have a hard time as it is making it to church on time with just two children and even with the help of my husband. So I have to tell you I am so impressed that you did it all by yourself with 4 little ones. You didn't even look stressed or worn out when I saw you. Way to go, Kim!!!

Young family said...

I noticed my mom checked out your blog and commented.. I hope that is okay..
You are such a great mom.. I admire you for all that you do.