Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sleeping on the Tramp

Brent has been promising the girls for a long time now...maybe since winter time...to sleep on the tramp. They do it every year, and it is always so fun for them! So last night....after we had already gotten them in bed...Brent came down and said he had been thinking and that tonight would be a great night to sleep on the tramp. His shoulder keeps getting better and better, and he felt like he could handle sleeping on the tramp. So we went and got the girls, and of course they were so excited. But we couldn't go to bed until late, 'cause it was still so light outside. So we played some UNO...always a favorite...then watched a little movie, had some snacks, and then when it was dark enough we went out and looked at the stars. They did talk me into sleeping out there too...but after my first potty break at 2:30...and I hadn't slept yet...I figured I better go inside and get a little sleep so I am not a complete terror on Sunday! So I know...I am not a trooper...but as far as they so...it is 8:00 Sunday morning and they are still sleeping...that is later then they normally sleep, maybe this sleeping on the tramp is a good idea! Just hope no one is moody at church today!

I keep telling the girls they are gonna get mad when they are older when they make such silly faces in all their little kid pictures...Elsie hasn't learned to do anything but just smile yet!
The girls

Nice poker face Els!

Elsie went to bed earlier...so She and I pointed out stars a little before it was dark and before they were actually there. Cassi will do this with Elsie all the time and it cracks me up how much Elsie loves it!
Making sure everything is ready
All set for bed! Just so all you worriers know...
Brent had a pillow for his head and about 7 more to pad his shoulder.

12 comments:

Anjeanette said...

Looks like fun. I am trying to find a trampoline to buy just for that reason. I grew up with one, and we slept on it all the time. How fun! Last night was a good night to do it. Nathan and I went out last night, and on our way home at 10:20, it was still 89 degrees out. They probably stayed plenty warm.

Sara said...

I love that one of Elsie pointing into the sky. What a fun night! You will have to let us know how they did at church. Ü

Jodi Gallagher said...

I love sleeping on the tramp with the kids! Looks like they had fun!

Kristi said...

Sounds like such a fun family night! My kids are awful sleeping anywhere but their own beds, so I'm jealous! Maybe when they get a bit older we'll be able to do it.

mallari said...

That sounds like so much fun! I just noticed that your hair is light again (I know, I'm quick, it's a talent) I LOVE IT!

Nicole said...

We don't have a tramp, but my kids wish they did. Sounds like you had a blast!

Young family said...

Looks like fun, Now I need to convince my girls to be brave and try it.

Dustin said...

Ok, I love Elsie's poker face picture!

Angela said...

I think it's great that we have husbands willing to sleep out on the trampoline with our kids. My hubby slept out with my boys before it got stinking hot here and they loved it. I didn't even attempt to sleep outside, I preferred my very own bed.

Nicole said...

I was going to ask you if you have photoshop? If so, I could teach you how to do a cute background picture frame thingy like you were saying you'd like. Does that make sense? lol

matt, camee, tyty, kaylee and jayce said...

What a fun night!! seriously that is a great memory!! and the pictures are so awesome! every time i see your family i am blown away at how beautiful- and handsome :o) you all are!! so fun!! :o)

Jodi Gallagher said...

I have a Nikon d50 dslr. I bought it from a friend who does photography and is upgrading. I have only had it since monday morning but I'm already having fun with it! I love the picture you did with the baby in the flag!!! Beautiful!