Monday, May 26, 2008

Playing in the Rain

We had one heck of a rain storm role in this afternoon! But it was warm enough that we could still play in it. There were some crazy big rain drops!!! So after helping the neighbors with some yard work, and sending Madi to celebrate a birthday with her friend Keva, we did a little playing. It was a fun time!



I noticed that the last few posts have been about Elsie or Madi, and I thought Cassi should get a turn. Poor girl suffers endlessly from middle child syndrome...everything Madi does is so exciting because she is the first to ever do it...cause she is the oldest, and Elsie is the baby and everything she does is so celebrated, so poor Cassi gets lost in the mix. But this little girl is a definite one of a kind! She has a million dollar smile, and she is so full of energy that Grandma Ene is known to say, while Cassi is around..."'If only we could bottle that energy, we would be rich!!!" It is true. She is always on the go. But she has such a tender little heart. She is the one who would never lie to us, and if she did, we would know right away cause she feels so bad about it. She does tend to get in trouble a lot, but that I think goes along with the middle child thing, and maybe not getting the attention that she needs. But this is the little girl who you can always rely on for a good laugh and a good bear hug (pointy chin and all)! Our family would not be complete without our little crazy Cass!!! Love you Cass!

13 comments:

Sara said...

What great pictures!!! Cassi is such a sweetheart! I love how she is laying in the gutter. That is a ton of rain!

I feel for you Cass! I am the middle child, too! Ü

Angela said...

WOW - straight from flying kites to rainstorms. I LOVE rainstorms and wish we had a few more this way. I love the pictures from both the kite flying and the rain. I especially love the fact that Cassi is laying in the gutter. That was just the best! That right there shows a glimpse into her fun personality.

Jenni said...

What a crazy girl, laying down in the gutter! She is sure a crack up.
Thanks again for your help, it was such a relief to have that done and there was no way it would have gotten done with out your help because all that dirt would have ended up in the gutter too. You are the greatest friends and neighbors anyone could ask for!

Anonymous said...

Too fun! I hope you have a fun summer! When you get a minute (hahaha) would you e-mail me the photos you took of the kids during preschool this year. I'd like to put together a little year book for the kids! Thanks~

Rachel said...

Wow, looks like a pretty big storm. We actually got rain like that Thursday and Friday. Gees, put your camera down and get your child out of the gutter.

Oh, and thanks for always being a faithful comment-er. I'm glad to know that while we hundreds of miles away that at least Kim Matthews still cares about me.

The Holdaway Family said...

Hello rain! That is so much! I love it when it is warm enough to play in the rain, we have had rain but not that much and it has been so cold, cold enough that we have gotten some snow in the mountains!
I love that Cassi is laying right in the gutter! Classic! She is a sweetheart! Give her a big hug from us!

Amy said...

How fun!!! I love the one of her laying in the gutter... she's a free spirit!

Sandra said...

You have to love that little girl. She is putting more "wrinkles" on my face by making me smile again!!

Jami said...

I need to join your family, I was out playing in the rain and couldn't get anyone to join me. Allie just stood at the door telling me to "get in the house mom, you are getting wet!". Fun pics!

Lyric Payne said...

That looks really really fun. I wish we lived next door to you because then maybe we would have been spontaneous like that. Instead we watched it from the windows! Sophie was playing with a girl GI joe figure yesterday and I asked what her name was, and she said "Elsie". Doesn't Elsie just remind you of a buff soldier!!

jen said...

What a fun afternoon and how neat you were able to capture it all on a camera. Had no idea it had rained so hard here. Then again don't know if we would have been as daring to go and play in the rain.

Erin said...

i love the rain & i think these picture are fantastic!

michelle said...

That is quite alot of rain , if I might say so! That looks so fun! What a way to spend with family.! And seriously Kim your girls are BEAUTIFUL!