Sunday, May 25, 2008

Flying Kites

Today was a great day for kite flying. So after church, a quick nap, and some dinner, we walked over to the soccer park by our house and flew our kites. The girls had a blast. It was nice and warm, but had great wind! And again, sorry about so many pictures...but it was hard to narrow it down to these. Plus I know people like pictures more than blabber...so enjoy!
Perfectly windy day!
Madi getting her kite up...
...and Cassi keeping her kite up.
Sitting down for a break
Elsie flying her fishy kite
Lazy kids!!! Just kidding...Flying kites wears you out!
Madi's got really high! Brent added extra string to hers...you can't really see it in the picture...but it is kinda a white blob in the upper left side.
Worn out I guess!!!

Elsie is obsessed with shoes, so Brent tied her shoe onto the string and she thought it was so funny when it went up there!!! Looks at those excited toes!
Then she got a little concerned!
Elsie's turn to fly! Again...look at those excited toes!
Ready to go home to bed
The girls wanted to fly their kites home...Cassi's didn't last, but Madi made it home with hers still flying.

7 comments:

skcoe said...

I LOVE that picture of Elsie and Brent...and I like the haircut! You need to blow that one up, it's priceless of a father and his daugher.

What a fun day you guys!

The Holdaway Family said...

Elsie has the most expressive toes! She is a darling! I can't believe that Madi's kite got that high, I thought that it was just a spot of sun on your lense! Amazing! Cassi is so cute too! I love your kids and you guys so much! I look forward to seeing you soon!

Books = Possibilities said...

How fun! Looks like everyone had a great time in the wind!!

Anjeanette said...

Love seeing Elsie so excited. I love the excited toes.....so cute. Brent with Elsie is just so precious.

Brittany said...

How fun! I loved flying kites when I was little. Except sometimes they would get caught up in the power lines...and that was a bummer deal! Love the pictures...your family is adorable!!! I MISS YOU GUYS!

Jami said...

Such a good idea. We were going to go out and do that today...I am thinking with the HUGE SO FUN lightining storm that isn't the best idea! :)

Rachel said...

Your girls are beautiful. I really like Madi's hair like that. It looks adorable.