Wednesday, May 28, 2008

IT'S A BOY!!!

We got a little boy for our family today. We caved in a got, not just any puppy, but the most perfect puppy in the world!!!

This little guy is so sweet and mellow. There is no way we couldn't take him home. He is a Miniature Australian Shepherd, so he won't get much bigger than he is now. We are excited to have him in our family...hopefully we aren't too in over our heads. But just look at that face!!!

His name is Tanger. He was named after Brent's childhood dog whom he loved so much. He was also an Australian Shepherd...just not mini. But I am sure this little Tanger is going to be just as loyal!

Elsie absolutely loves him...Cassi mauls him, of course...and he has already chosen Madi as his favorite...(don't tell Cassi) Madi and Cassi were eating and we tried to get Tanger to come out side with us to meet the neighbors. He wouldn't budge until Madi got up...he followed her to the sink to dump her dishes, then followed her outside. What a good dog!









16 comments:

jen said...

What a perfect addition to such a cute family! He is sooo very cute!!! Can't wait to meet him in person!!!

The Stevensons said...

Let us know how he works out. We are in the hunt for a cute little puppy.

Young family said...

That's perfect my kids can play with your dog. And we won't have to clean up after or feed the thing. good luck.

The Holdaway Family said...

What a sweet puppy! Your kids will be so good with him! Congrats on finally getting a boy!

Anjeanette said...

He is pretty cute. I am not much of an animal person, and we had to get a dog for our kids. They just love him. Good luck with him. Inside or out?

Anonymous said...

YAY, you got a puppy! You guys needed one for sure :) I can't wait to bring Tripp and come see him, he is sooo cute. So fun, I love puppies!

Rachel said...

What a cute little puppy. Sadly, I am not a lover of animals, so we will never own a dog. But yours is very cute.

Sara said...

What a great looking dog! That is so exciting! He looks like he will be a perfect dog!

Amy said...

Awwww!!! What a cute little pup! I'm sure your girls will just love him!

Jilene said...

that is a very cute puppy. your girls are very lucky. i'm not brave enough yet!! :-)

Beth said...

oh no! I just said no to a puppy, you're for sure going to get me in trouble.

Brittany said...

Oh he is soooo cute. I love that you named him Tanger. I loved that dog! I bet your girls will love this little guy too! What fun :)

(funny thing: One summer when we were younger, Brooke got her hair permed and Gramps started calling her Tanger-I laugh everytime I think about that!)

Kristi said...

Oh I am so jealous! I'm getting a parakeet soon (had one for 11 years) but that is about as big of a commitment as I can make with a pet right now! I want to play with him!

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

cCute addition! I have always been abit afraid of shepard dogs so im gglad he will stay small!

Nead Family said...

how cute, Kim!!! Where did you get him? He will be so fun for the girls and you and Brent!! I think it's cute that you named him after Brent's childhood dog! I never would've thought to do that! Very cute puppy!!

Bald n Beautiful said...

I agree with Heather, I am glad you have one for my kids to play with but I don't have to deal with it. Kelli would be so mad, she keeps asking me why we can't have one. Luckily she agrees that we would need a fence first-and they won't let us build one.