Wednesday, November 07, 2007

My little Artist

Madi is entering the 'reflections' contest at her school. The theme is "I can make a difference by..." and you have to write draw, take a picture...anything artistic something to finish the sentence.
Madi decided that she "can make a difference by not making fun of people who are different" This is what she colored and painted, and she titled it 'friends'. (and thanks to Jenni who matted it for her to give it a very professional look!)
If you click on the picture you can see it bigger and look at how good she is. I know I am her mom and I think everything she does is great...but I think this is so cute! She did different people, with different hair, different skin, some with glasses, braces, big noses, big ears...I just think she did a great job...

and to top it all off...she is beautiful isn't she!

11 comments:

Anjeanette said...

I can't believe how good she is. I love looking at her pictures. My kids love looking too.

Cami said...

That is SO good!!! You guys should frame that and hang it on the wall once the contest is over! Let us know how she does! I love that pic! She did SUCH a great job!!!

Jilene said...

It beautiful Kim. She is talented. Is it painted? Thanks for sharing!

Kim said...

She used crayons and water color. And I plan to have it framed when we get it back. But in the paper work it says that you may not get it back...so hopefully we get it back!

Angela said...

Kim - you should absolutely get it back. Even if the piece moves on to national you get it back eventually. Follow up with whoever is in charge of Reflections at the school and then the district level if it moves on. Also, if it goes onto state I know the lady in charge this year so you should for sure be able to get it back. It is awesome, by the way, and should do great in the competition.

Jenni said...

She is really, really talented. I don't think many adults could do it as well. I hope you get it back, unless it is because she has won so they are going to hang it up in the school or something. Good Job Madi!

Cami said...

Well...then you should make a copy..just in case! :)

Amy said...

Nice work, Madi!! That's really impressive!

The Holdaway Family said...

She is so very talented! I hope that she wins something for it! She seriously looks at least 10 in that picture!

skcoe said...

SO TALENTED. I always mean to have Jayden enter but always remember the night before the deadline. Oh well, there's always next year.

Tell Madi I love her artwork- she's an artist like her mommy! (I still have the framed pencil sketch of me and Darren that you did for me when I was pregnant with Jayden. I LOVE IT.)

Biddle Family said...

Ok so I am officially a BLOGSTALKER... I am Lyric's friend and I had to comment on this picture..... I am a mom of quite the artist daughter and I have to tell you that this is quite possibly the cutest thing EVER... I LOVE IT .. I want a copy.. Hopefully my daughter will grow up to be as thoughtful as her.. You should be a proud mama!