Monday, August 30, 2021

Monday August 30

Today is Winnie’s actual due date.
So fun that we got to have her earlier ❤️
I wish I could snuggle her every day!!!!!
But the daily pictures and videos are the best part of my day being so far away.
We got some more of Elsie’s stuff figured out and got started on some classes.
Also had two meltdowns….. which I expected to happen. 
Hopefully we can start having less of those, but I expect there to be more and more this week until she’s used to the new normal. 
Cass had a date night tonight.
She went rock climbing and had a lot of fun doing that. 
Port is doing good and he’s doing bad. 
He’s liking school, he’s liking XC, he’s liking it all……
But then he will panic about something totally unrelated. 
Like today, he was so concerned and worried that time goes too fast. 
That 100 years isn’t really that long. 
❤️
Sweet boy. 
I try to let him voice his concerns, but also try to keep him from spiraling. 
It’s a delicate balance. 
I am trying to tell him that when we focus on the negative things, that’s what we see. 
But if we can focus on positive things, we will see that stuff more often.
But I still want him to know that it is totally okay to feel the things he’s feeling. 
Just don’t let it take over!
Dad worked an overtime shift today. 
We are crossing our fingers and hoping he doesn’t get forced back to work tomorrow because they have a shortage of tech guys right now.  


Gosh I love this little fuzzy bear!!!!
 

No comments: