Wednesday, June 03, 2020

Tuesday June 2

We had some friends over today.
A car sad thing happened a few days ago, their dad passed away.
I knew the older kids and mom would be busy with funeral planning so I offered to take the younger kids and hang out for a little bit.
I think they had a fun time.
They played with the bunnies and ducks.
We had lunch.
Then they spent time painting and Porter made some boats with the little boy and they floated them down the canal.
They played with the bunnies and ducks more.....
We went and got snow cones.
I know Elsie and Porter had fun, so I hope they had fun too.
Then this evening I had my ARP meeting.
Dad was at work, but he got to hop on the call for a minute, so it was good to see him ❤️
We talked about Step 3, my favorite.
Turning your will to the Lord.
Trusting that he had a plan for you.
Trusting that his plan is better than anything you could have come up with yourself.
(I'm gonna butcher this story, but I want to share it...)
There is a story about a little girl who saved her money and bought herself a beautiful done store necklace.
She cherished it and wire it every day.
At night her dad would ask her every night if he could have it, and she would say 'oh daddy I will give you anything, just not my beautiful necklace!'
He would give her a kiss and say 'okay, I love you'.
This happened night after night.
Finally she did give the necklace to her dad.
And as soon as she did, he pulled a beautiful person necklace from behind his back that he had been saving for her all this time.
She was clinging so hard to the necklace she thought was so perfect and all along, her dad had a much better and more valuable necklace he wanted to give her so badly!
I shared about how I prayed for years to heavenly father EXACTLY how he could fix everything.
Same prayer.
Not ever getting what I wanted.
But what I didn't know was that as soon as I decided, okay heavenly father, I trust that you can do more with our situation than I can, we were blessed beyond measure.
If the Lord would have gone with my plan, Brent and I would not have had the amazing relationship we have now.
We wouldn't have the family we do now.
What we HAD to go through is what has made our life so amazing.
So when we think we know how things should go, we need to just decide...... Okay heavenly father, I'm trusting in you.
I'm gonna trust in you that when crappy things happen, they will be for the good.
And just watch as the Lord turns your "cheap dime store necklace into a string of real pearls".




No comments: