Thursday, January 23, 2020

Thursday January 23

WE got to celebrate Dads birthday today.....
He is on shift but this is what I posted on Instagram:

He was born later in his parents life and they would always talk about what a treasure he was to them. One could call him spoiled, but he would just call it 'very loved'. 
He holds that same role as the head of our family....very loved and treasured. 
Again, one might call him spoiled with all the love and attention he gets around these parts. 
He is the one everyone wants to sit by when watching a movie, his is the team they always choose to be on, they love learning from him, they love working with him and he always gets the biggest hugs. I'm not jealous. 
There is just something so special about him that I feel lucky to be able to live this life with him. Happy birthday to my best friend, my everything.

I really am so grateful for him.
Grateful he was born ❤
So my day did not go so great this morning.
I called in as a stand-by for jury duty and I was told that I was, in fact, supposed to go in on TUESDAY!!!
He said that he will tell the judge there was a misunderstanding and they will reschedule me for Jury Duty in march.
I spent the next two hours trying to figure out how it went wrong!
I KNOW I did not hear the numbers wrong!!!!!
I have been so worried about not doing it right, so I was so careful and listened to the full messages each time I called in.
I wrote down the numbers I heard them say.
I am just utterly confused and I guess super embarrassed.
I was so careful!!!!
How did I do it wrong?????
See, I am working myself up all over again.
I was very flustered and mad and all the feelings this morning.
I finally decided to go for a run.
I ended up going 7.5 miles.......trying to run off the stress, I guess.
I feel so dumb :(
Anyway, then I went to the store to buy a few supplies for Dads birthday cake.
I made the cake...it is Bubbles recipe that she always makes for him.
Lemon Blueberry cake.
We made dinner then we went to the station.
I was VERY grumpy with the kids before we left.
I am just tired and I think this morning took a real toll on my mood.
So maybe it is a good thing Dad got to be away from me on his special day :)
Anyway....it was so good to see him for a minute and celebrate him with his guys.
We checked out the fire truck and engine then headed home.
I am really looking forward to sleep and also doing nothing with the birthday boy, a day late. 
That will be my birthday gift to him ❤❤









No comments: