Thursday, November 21, 2019

Thursday November 21

I love this little boy ❤
Today my baby turned 11!
It is such an exciting time!!!
I sent him to school today wearing his new Nike sweatshirt he wanted.
But then we picked him up just before lunch.
I was gonna take him out for lunch, but he wanted to go over to the Halls and help pack up their moving truck.
I went and got him lunch and then joined them.
But before joining them I dropped off my car load of items to the food bank.
It was so overwhelming and emotional for me.
I went at lunchtime....so I guess that is when people line up to get supplies.
The line was all the way around the building.
Old people, little kids.
It was heartbreaking to think of all these people going without food and thankful there are places like the Meridian food bank that they can go to for food and supplies.
Our total donation from last night was 500 lbs!!!!!
That is pretty dang awesome!
I hope the kids can realize what an impact they made with such a small amount of their time!!!!
Incredible!
Anyway....
We got most of the stuff loaded at the Halls.
They still have to leave stuff out so they can pack stuff in the Uhaul.
The big truck will be held until they move into their house in middle of December.
Then the Uhaul will be the stuff they need until then.
Crazy times!
Port wanted German Pancakes for dinner, so we had that and bacon.
I had to leave to go to a YW leadership meeting.
But Dad got in the hot tub with the kiddos and Koy and Titan and watched a show, so that was fun for everyone.
When I got home, Port and Elsie were both sleeping!
And Cassi is doing the homework she forgot about ………..
Anyway, Happy birthday to my baby boy.
We will celebrate more when Madi comes home.
Out for dinner and birthday cake next week!
But anyway....
This boy.
He's MY boy.
I'm so thankful that Porter was sent to our family and that I was trusted to be his mom.
He has such a tender soul and he's such a handsome little fellow.
I love watching him work hard with his dad, and play hard with his great friends.
I love watching him ask questions, explore, create, destroy.......this kid keeps me busy!
I love him so much and I'm so excited to watch him turn into a man.
Being 11 is kind of a big deal, dude!!!!
Happy birthday my baby boy ❤️


No comments: