Wednesday, May 08, 2019

Wednesday May 8

I helped out in the office this morning for a little while.
Dad went to the gym and Cassi hung out on the couch and she did some of her homework.
When I got home, I had to leave again to go to Costco.
Dad got the top floor windows framed out.
When I got home, we got painting.
He painted up on the roof and I painted the basement.
I am so happy with how it is coming along!!!!
After school, Port had scouts.
We had dinner and Madi, Elsie and I went to the Morgan's house for our YW activity.
We had a speaker, who has her own podcast called 'Becoming for teens'.
She did a great job and she said she felt prompted to tell these girls that they should seek out their spiritual gifts.
Study their patriarchal blessing, if they have gotten it, and looks for those things the Lord has blessed them with.
She talked about the ways we talk to ourselves and how we can choose to let good things in and not the bad things.
She talked about being vulnerable and being willing to be ourselves.
She did a fun little activity where the girls wrote down the negative things they tell themselves, then she had them open an envelope which had a picture of them when they were younger.
She asked if they would ever tell those things to that sweet little girl.
And how it shouldn't be any different!!!!!
We are still those sweet little girls!!!!
I really enjoyed her being there to speak to us.
It was a very nice evening.







No comments: