Friday, May 10, 2019

Friday May 10

I was able to make an appointment for Cassi today.
So after I did a 5 mile run, I got ready and we headed to the hospital.
Things are looking really good.
She did get light headed when they were taking off the bandages and we had to have her lay down on the table.
On a side note, turning green really makes her freckles pop ;)
So she does not have to stay on the couch anymore.
She is able to walk using her leg only for balance.
Still putting no weight on it.
It was amazing to see how much her thigh has atrophied.....
The doc said that it is just kind of hibernating.
Thinking it doesn't need to do anything.
So she needs to work really hard to wake it up by flexing it and moving it around.
The problem is she has no strength in it.
Standing she can't even lift her leg from the hip.
She has no muscle working!
But it will come.
I am thankful she has the weekend to learn how to get around before heading to school.
We got back home and I cleaned the kitchen up and made some treats.
Madi had another 'cookie Friday' so I made them some no-bake cookies (per Madi's request) and some brownies.
I wish I got a picture of them all here!
They signed yearbooks and talked and ate cookies.
It was a fun time.
Then I left with Porter for his football game.
It was the play-offs and he played Max and Graham's team.
It was a close game and fun to watch, but Port's team pulled out in the end.
It was actually a tie and they went into over-time and then it was still a tie.
But since Port's team, was ranked higher, they won the game.
He goes on to play again next week for the top spots.
Back at home, I went out and painted as much as I could on the house before it got too dark.
Inside Cassi had some visitors.
Hallie came over earlier and Josh came to hang out this evening.
Madi went fishing with her friend Brooklyn and she just got home.
It is late and I need to get to bed!!!!!
Cassi will still be on the couch for a bit because the stairs are still gonna be rough.
We will see how things go :)

 The boys all dressed alike today :)
And not even on purpose!
I just love these little friends!!!!!




No comments: