Sunday, April 28, 2019

Sunday April 28

It turned a bit cold and windy outside today :(
But we went to church. that was good.
Minus the blowup we all had right before church!
Sometimes I have a hard time handling all of them myself!!!!
But all is good :)
Poor Elsie's foot is pretty bruised up.
She fell and landed on it.
The way she braces herself when she falls, she sticks her feet right under her butt and then her whole body comes down on top of it.
Well, depending on how the toes are facing at the time, that is when it goes bad.
And her pinky toe must have been bent back when she fell.
She wore the boot to church.
I mean there isn't anything else to do.
I just feel so bad!
Her boot is getting a bit small so we might have to spring for another if this hurts her for much longer.
In Sacrament we talked about the importance of temples and in YW, the Beehives talked about the Atonement and how it is such a personal thing for each of us.
After church, Cassi and Porter went to choir.
Elsie was really grumpy and didn't want to go.
I am sure it is because of her toe :(
When we were all home we had some quiet time.
Madi and I did our personal Come, Follow Me.
There was some piano practicing, and some art being done.
Just nice quiet calm time.
We did our Come Follow Me study.
That went pretty well.
I started watching some YouTube videos of a couple of people going over the scriptures in the lessons and I really enjoy their insights!
It is called 'Don't miss this" on YouTube.
The Woman's in it is named Emily Belle Freeman, I don't remember the mans name.
Anyway, I really enjoy what they have to say and the things they help me think about and then I can share with my family.
After that, I made some dinner.
I made roasted veggies and (with Dads help via phone) I made some chicken on the Traeger!
Elsie did inform me that it wasn't as juicy as Dad's chicken :)
But still pretty good.
Then we had a youth fireside this evening.
Porter went to the Halls and we took Sherrie with us.
It was a fun interactive fireside.
They had the kids use their phones to answer questions they asked.
The first questions were about the stake presidency, then it moved on to more personal questions.
I thought it was a great fireside and the kids stayed in involved :)


No comments: