Monday, April 01, 2019

Monday April 1

It was a beautiful April day today!
I got a nice little run in....
Mondays after fast Sunday are always harder because I don't get enough water on the Sunday before....but it was okay today.
Dad got more work done outside.
I pruned for about an hour before I realized my trimmer was NOT sharp anymore!
So I came in and made my grocery list and then showered.
I went grocery shopping and got done in time to pick up Elsie, drop the groceries off at home, and then take Elsie to Speech.
I am happy to say that after about a month of not going to speech, she did not regress!
She is still doing well with her swallowing and mouth exercises.
She has not been good about doing them at home the last few weeks because of all the craziness we have had, but the fact that her tongue and mouth are 'remembering' what they need to do, that is so great!!!!
Dad was pretty much outside the whole day.
Harrowing the field, tending the burn pile, picking up trash/leaves/etc.
He had a busy day.
And there is still so much to do outside!!!!
Madi went for a run and then she got asked to Prom!
So fun.
Her senior year...last prom....last dance.
I was thinking today, it is now April.
She graduates NEXT MONTH!!!!!!
So much craziness!
And excitement!
Dad and Porter worked on his Pinewood derby car tonight.
The race is next week, and he is pretty excited.
For FHE, I talked about the foundation of the St George temple again.
How they had to get rid of the muck and swamp in order to fill it full of rocks for the foundation.
So I challenged the family to get rid of things that aren't necessary right now....
Just for the week leading up to General Conference.
See, things like Instagram and Netflix etc, that is all swampy stuff right now.
It's not bad, but it sure gets in the way of our spiritual progression sometimes.
A little break is a good thing.
We gotta get that stuff out so that the rocks, which are all the things we will hear and learn at Conference, can fill up that foundation and make it strong!
They seemed on board with it :)
I look forward to seeing what this does for our family as we lead up to General Conference!



No comments: