Saturday, March 23, 2019

Saturday March 23

I got up when Madi got up and after my scriptures and stuff, I went for a run.
I didn't get to go as long as I wanted to because I had to get back to take Cassi to Rugby.
But I did get 5 miles.
Porter came and ran the last mile with me :)
I came home and grabbed a quick shower.
We took Cassi and Avery to Rugby and then we ran a few errands.
We picked Carley up on the way back home for Elsie and her to hang out.
We came back home.
Porter ran over to hang out with the Edwards boys.
I got the little ones packed up and my stuff packed.
Then I got a call.....from Stacia.
Cassi got hurt in her game :(
Same knee......not sure if it is the same problem.
Hoping it is the same problem and not an acl problem!!!!
Anyway...then we scrambled for a few hours trying to decide whether or not we go on the trip....or take her to the dr.
The sports medicine lady said they can't really tell what is wrong yet because her knee is so tight.
That she needed a few days rest before we take her in.
Then I told her that we were leaving tomorrow…….
Anyway.
We decided to still do the trip.
She will take it easy.
She will hang back with Elsie on harder hikes.
It will be okay.
It isn't swollen, but she can't put her weight on it right now.
Good think she still has the crutches and brace that she borrowed from the last injury!!!!
Her coach called to check up on her and he just went on and on about how awesome she is and how she is a force out there on the field.
He says all the girls love her.
He told me that she nominated her for the all star team that plays in July for scholarships, etc.
Pretty high honor.
That is really cool!
BUT WE HAVE TO GET HER KNEE HEALED!!!!
She scored 3 tries (goals) in the game today and was given the honor of 'Man of the Match' which is a fun thing.
Anyway.....dang girl.
We have got to get her on a good stretch and strengthen routine, once this knee thing heals!!!!
Her knee was just not ready to go back to rugby yet!
But there was no holding her back.
Maybe she can learn from this....how those PT exercises are really important!!!!
So, lots of prayers would be appreciated for her....for the driving trip but while in Zions as well!!!!
Poor girl.
But she has been in good spirits the last few hours because her friends came over to hang out with her.
I think we are packed up and ready to go....almost.
I did got to the store to get some treats and snacks for the trip.
Now I just need to get the kitchen cleaned up.
I don't think dad will be getting much sleep tonight.
He is at a different station and it is downtown where they don't tend to get much sleep!
So.....I might get to drive to Orem tomorrow.
I am gonna head to bed so I can at least I can get some sleep tonight :)



No comments: