Monday, December 17, 2018

Monday December 17

We started out the morning with a scare.
I drove Elsie to the bus and behind the bus pulls up a firetruck.
The bus pulled forward and the firetruck turned down Mary Lane.
And pulled up in front of Vern's house.
Porter was home alone so when I drove up to the house, he was running out in the rain in his socks to see what was going on.
A couple weeks ago, Vern brought her Grandma, GG, back with her from Florida when they visited.
So I knew it had something to do with her.
She is 100!
I immediately called Brent at the station to see if he could see what the call was, I didn't wand to bug Vern.
The call was for chest pain.
Then I called Bubble to see if she knew anything.....she hadn't even seen the firetruck yet.
Then I tried calling Vern, with no answer.
Brent suggested I go over and grab the boys so they wouldn't have to be there.
So I went over and grabbed the boys.
GG was conscious and breathing, but she had a bad cough and heaviness in her chest.
Poor Vern, she was trying to hold it together for her boys.
So I took the boys and got them ready and off to school.
Vern let me know later on that they had given her some breathing treatments and that helped.
She has fluid in her lungs and it is causing strain on her heart.
She got an echo done later this evening, I don't know what the results of that are.
They were unsure if she had a virus, pneumonia, or just old hearty failure.
Vern is staying the night with her tonight and we will see how things are tomorrow.
Today at home I pulled out all the Christmas stuff to see if we look 'even' enough :)
The I had to do a return and also take a box to UPS.
Then I stopped in to Payless because Elsie needs snow boots before we head to Wyoming.
I scored and found some awesome boots with a hard rubber toe...which is really important, because she tends to drag her toes and wear them out in her shoes.
So this is perfect....and the best part was they were 40% off!!!!!
So I got $50 boots for $30!
Very cool!
I came home and made some dipped pretzels for Elsie to give to her speech therapist and also Katie :)
We went to speech and she rocked it!
She is doing so well with the exercises and stuff she is supposed to be doing.
We got home and had dinner.
Then we had a little FHE, kind of secret without Dad, because he is at work.
But this weeks "Light the World" is about lighting your family.
Each of the kids wrote notes to Dad to tell him how much they love him :)
So I think he will forgive us for having FHE without him tonight....




I took this picture of Vern and GG this last Saturday :)



No comments: