Sunday, November 25, 2018

Sunday November 25

We had a nice Sunday today.
The three youngest went to choir.
Got to church.
Things went good until Elsie figured out that Sierra wasn't there, then she didn't want to go to class.
We tried to explain to her that it was silly, she goes to school without Sierra
Anyway....a meltdown ensued and I ended up taking her home.
She thrives on routine......and having the weird sleep schedule and no real routine the last few days played a big part.
But it was still pretty silly for her to act like that.
I went back and picked up Dad and brought him home to hang with her.
I had planned to leave her home alone, but she was throwing stuff and hitting stuff and I didn't feel good about leaving her alone for an hour and a half.
So I went back for YW.
I really enjoyed the lesson Sister Beaufort taught the Beehives.
She talked about how we can find solutions to our problems.
One of the girls told us about a talk she listened to at 'Time out for Girls'.
She said that she learned that cows, when they see a storm coming, they run away.
But they don't run fast and the storm catches up with them and follows them, making then stay in the storm for a long time.
But Buffalo, yes BUFFALO, they see the storm coming and they head right towards it.
They run through the storm and make it out on the other end faster.
I totally love that, not only because it is about buffalo, but what it teaches.
We can't run away when things get hard.
We use all the tools we have (prayer, strength, parents, leaders, etc) and we run head on towards the storm heading our way.
I told Elsie about it.
I asked her how that could apply to how her day went.
Yes, it stinks that Sierra wasn't there.
BUT, instead of not going to class, she could have gone and had a great time with her other friends and had the great lesson in YW.
Anyway....I just loved it.
Dad made some great country fried steak for dinner, with our recently butchered cow :)
Then we put the Christmas tree together.
I will put lights on while they are at school, then we will decorate for FHE :)



No comments: