Sunday, November 11, 2018

Sunday November 11

Well, there was a lot of fighting going on today :(
But I think we might all be a little over-tired!!!!!
We survived the day anyway.
Cassi and the little ones went to choir.
I worked more on my lesson.
I had fun with my lesson this week.
It was 'Why is WORK a gospel principle?'
Work has played a big part in my little family's life and that is exactly what we wanted!
I know that you can create good chances for kids to work even when you don't live on land.
But man, I have seen our kids blossom and grow in their hard work and service.
But I had fun talking with the beehives about how you never know what blessings your hard work may bring.
We talked about how Uchtdorf, when he was a small boy, would help his mom with her laundry service.
He would ride his bike to go pick up laundry, then he would do the same to deliver it.
He didn't love doing this job, but he knew it was part of helping his family out.
Years later, as he was volunteering to become an Air Force pilot, he found out that he had scars on his lungs from a childhood illness.
He said he didn't know of any illness, but immediately thought of the hard work he did as a child and realized that the good exercise and the hot moist air from the laundry had helped keep him from getting very ill.
You can see how, many years later, he was blessed for putting in that hard work and effort helping his mom.
I just love that story.
Anyway, after church I had a meeting with my Beehive presidency.
Back at home (more fighting) and we had dinner....leftover chicken noodle soup.
Afterwards, we played a round of clue and a couple rounds of Uno.
Then got the little ones to bed at a good time.
I even think the big ones are sleeping now!
Yay!!!!


No comments: