Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Tuesday October 23

Today was really windy, so I didn't do anything with the plastic on the house.....
Hopefully tomorrow it will be nice so I can get it ready to paint the front of the house on Thursday!!!!!
I did get laundry done and some cleaning in the house done.
I went for a run later in the day, and then when the kids came home, I took Port and Elsie to piano.
They are both doing so well in piano, I just love it!
Then I had a crazy run around for the rest of the night.
I got dinner going in the Instant pot.
I picked up Porter from piano and then took him to basketball.
Went back and picked up Elsie and brought her home.
Put Cassi in charge of dinner, and told Madi to pick Porter up from basketball when got off work.
I went downtown to take some pictures of my friend and Elsie's PT, Katie and her cute boys.
Then I came straight home and went with Stacia to a baby shower for our friend, who also happens to be my Beehive adviser....who is very pregnant and I am hoping she makes it past tomorrows activity before going into labor, ha ha ha.....
That is pretty much my day.
But I did want to mention something.
As I said before, I took Pres. Nelson's challenge and I am reading the Book of Mormon in full before the end of the year.
I listened to his conference talk again a couple days ago and noticed that he also encouraged us to mark the verses that speaks of or refers to the Savior.
I have now taken on that challenge as well, which is a bit more of a sacrifice for me because that means I need to sit and read instead of listen to the audio being read to me.
I still have the audio read to me, but now I follow along with my scriptures and highlighter.
It has only been a couple days, but I can already tell a difference in what I am reading and feeling.
Plus, I am in the Isaiah chapters now (in 2 Nephi) and I am understanding more of what I am reading more than I ever have!
So I am glad to take on this added challenge and look forward to the "Changes, even miracles" that will happen as our Prophet promised ❤

No comments: