Friday, August 31, 2018

Friday August 31 (add pictures of Spencer and Port)

I did not go running right away this morning.
My head was killing me and I had a lot to get done in the house.
So I worked on sorting laundry and getting the kitchen clean etc.
I finally needed to take a break and I felt a bit better so I went for a run.
Man, I feel like I worked all day to get stuff done to get ready to go, but once the kids came home it seemed like it all fell apart :(
My heart broke when Port came home.
Today they had student council elections.
He did so good with his speech, but when it came to it, he wasn't voted in.
He was so sad.
He had a good cry, he was very disappointed.
But we talked about the chance to try again next year.
My sweet, tender-hearted boy!
I hate to see them sad, but also these life lessons are great to learn from.
I have high hopes for him next year!
The kids had different activities and friends over.
I did not feel like I could focus with my head feeling like it did!
Honestly....I really can't remember today really very well to even write it down!!!!!
Anyway, the kids got packed, I still need to pack Dad and I.
Cassi went to the football game and is still out with friends.
Madi and Spencer hung out....really for the last time for the next two years.
He gets set apart on Tuesday and we are leaving tomorrow morning.
Port was really happy that Spencer made an effort to come and see him and play some Nintendo with Port before he left :)
I took the Port, Cannon and Elsie to Sonic for half price shakes.
The I got them to bed at a good time.
Now I am trying to get the house clean again, get myself and Dad packed, and try to get to bed at a decent time....but I can't go to bed until those big girls get home!!!!!

No comments: