Monday, March 26, 2018

Monday March 26

Well, they are off on their adventure!!!!!
Madi has been so excited!
I drove them to the airport around noon.
They finally got there about 8:40 our time (10:40 in Washington DC).
They decided to check their luggage back and then take their backpacks on the plane with them.
Well......guess what?
THEY LOST MADI'S BAG!!!!!!!
I can't even believe it!!!!!
She is being such a good sport!
Like an unbelievable sport about it!
The airline said they would reimburse up to $100 if she needs to go buy clothes......
Well, she does need to.....but their schedule is so booked tight, she probably won't be able to go find any!
I feel so bad!
But, like I said....I am super proud with how she is handling it.
She said "It just makes my journal sound more like an adventurous storybook!"
If only we could all be like that!!!!
She is a pretty great one :)
I am pretty excited for the adventures they will have......and maybe she will be reppin' my hometown the entire trip with that Springville sweatshirt :)
Back here at home, we had some friends over.
Our newly called bishop is also a tax guy.
So you can kind of guess how busy he might be.....and how stressed his WIFE might be!!!!
Well, she just happens to be my friend and I also VT her....so we had her kids over for a few hours today to hang out.
She has 6 kids......but the youngest stayed home for his nap.
But they were the most well-behaved kids!
It was impressive!
We made some play dough out of conditioner and corn starch...kind of messy, but an easy mess to clean up.
Then they played outside.....
They loved the chickens and the bunny and Mater.
They had fun taking rides in the Mule.
Cassi was a big helper with babysitting with me.
Then the big kids played basketball while the little ones dyed eggs.
They did the chores and collected eggs.
We didn't collect eggs yesterday, so there were about a dozen.
They were excited that I let them take them home :)
I think it was a fun day for us all!
I can't wait to see what Madi and Daddy get to do tomorrow!!!!!!!!!
And finger's crossed the airline finds her bag sooner than later......................






No comments: